Constabulary

ID this Singer / Seiko Double Needle Cylinder Machine

I´m a bit stuck....

I have access to a Singer double needle cylinder arm machine with walking foot and reverse (converted to single needle as it seems) - but I cannot figure the model.

Should be easy, right - cause its Singer... It`s not ... :blink:

So to my knowledge it is a Seiko built machine (hand wheel + reverse lever + #tag helps to ID)- so the CW-8 (similar to Consew 227R) could be an option but the CW-8 did not come as a double needle as far as I figured.

Maybe a 154w / 154K model - the 154w103 is a walking foot  - but has no reverse and different stitch length adjuster. When putting the 111 / 111G subclass in relation it COULD be a 154w156 - but it did not exist AFAIK.

I also cannot find anything among the 154B or 154U...  :crazy:

Maybe someone else knows more - I can´t figure it.

I´m not worried to run this machine cause it seems a hybrid between 154w103 and Seiko CW-8 (kind of) but I just wonder what "the name" of this machine is .

Some pictures (only pics I have):

Bild2.jpg

Bild1.jpg

Edited by Constabulary

@Constabulary The bottom half looks like a Pfaff, but the top  left half is identical to   my Seiko STW 28 B , guides , tensioners etc. .

Strange. 

I'll keep looking  :)

HS

Try this:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/8B-Cylinder-Bed-double-needle-industrial_60780182111.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normal_offer.d_title.49002730KKgqx6

Have a look at the pic, second from the left. It may well be a copy of a .....??:dunno:

Look familiar? 

HS

Edited by Handstitched

To me it looks like it is maybe a variant of the Consew 387 RB-2 or the Siko Lsw.

kgg

18 hours ago, Handstitched said:

Try this:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/8B-Cylinder-Bed-double-needle-industrial_60780182111.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normal_offer.d_title.49002730KKgqx6

Have a look at the pic, second from the left. It may well be a copy of a .....??:dunno:

Look familiar? 

HS

That is a single needle CW-8 clone - see my 1st post ;)

18 hours ago, kgg said:

To me it looks like it is maybe a variant of the Consew 387 RB-2 or the Siko Lsw.

kgg

But the 387 has a Singer "211 upper" but the one I shown has a "111 upper".

I´m aware of all the Consew and Seiko models but haven´t yet figured the name name of THIS PARTICULAR machine shown in the 1st post. I´m sure it is a Seiko built machine with Singer label (not unusual) but... which?

Considering this model Singer 153-B8B (which is similar to the Seiko CW-8, Consew 227 and the like) then logically the above machine should be a 154-B8B. But zero information out there as it seems.

https://for-sale.yowcow.com/listing/135450024/

EDIT:
For the records the pic of the 153-B8B

Singer 153 B8B.jpg

Edited by Constabulary

4 hours ago, Constabulary said:

That is a single needle CW-8 clone

OOPS! :blush: My bad, don't  always believe what you read I guess.( the heading) 

HS

Constabulary,

I sure don't know but think if most of us had this question, we'd ask you.

JM2C

Looks like someone wanted a Singer so somebody re-painted & put a Singer decal on a machine.If it's a Seiko it should have some parts w/Seiko on them,otherwise it could be a China or Taiwan copy.