Guest Charlie

Repair & Restoration of leather rifle case

Guest Charlie

I have an old leather rifle case that has been in the family for generations. It is in need of repair and restoration so I am looking for an individual willing and able to make this case functional again while maintaining as many original pieces and using as many traditional techniques as possible.  Not sure whether this helps but I am more interested in the historical aspect of this piece than being able to use it while hunting.  The rifle that came with case is a 405 Winchester. 
V/R,

Charlie

I do all my work traditionally by hand. I would need to see a picture first. also where are you I'm in Florida.

Kirk

Have you found someone to do the restoration yet? If not contact me I am intetested. I do all my stitching etc by hand. 

I would be interested in pursuing your case repair.need.  Retired in Jan. after several decades as a leather goods craftsman, offering hand sewn Edwardian to modern, leather goods designs for field, stream, and travel; including addition of unique turns on established designs.  Rifle hard and soft cases, leg-O-mutton double-gun cases for single and twin barrels, matched pair, cartridge bags, travel bags in UK English bridle, natural bridle (saddle leather),  French and German bag and case leathers ... all work hand sewn: robertcochrane.com, near Calgary, Canada. Please send personal email with photo of case, if you would like to inquire further.

Guest Steve

I also have a leather gun case left to me from my father.   Needs reconditioning and new zipper and edging material.  Red fabric interior has been replaced.  I am currently removing the bad zipper and edging.  I can send photos if needed.

Gentleman I'm located in Tennessee it helps with your distance for restoration. I have pictures of past restos I've done.... if your interested contact me 

I've sent PM

Brad 

NortonCustomLeather@gmail.com

Edited by Norton Custom Leather