paloma

How to remove handwheel on Durkopp-Adler 69

Hello ,

would someone know how to disassemble this pulley? I specify that there is no more screw which retains it

thanks.

o0ea.jpg

5aro.jpg

20211007_152445.jpg

20211007_152440.jpg

Edited by paloma

problem solved!

4 minutes ago, paloma said:

problem solved!

Well done! I put a 250mm pulley on my 69. Brilliant with a 45mm on the servo.

On 10/7/2021 at 4:53 PM, paloma said:

problem solved!

Let me guess, the screw in the middle of the wheel? I have forgotten that one a few times, wondering why it wouldn't come off after taking out the set screws :oops:

17 hours ago, Kawakneurder said:

Let me guess, the screw in the middle of the wheel? I have forgotten that one a few times, wondering why it wouldn't come off after taking out the set screws :oops:

:rolleyes: exact! thes 2 little screws these two small screws that I had not seen!

On 10/7/2021 at 6:59 PM, toxo said:

Well done! I put a 250mm pulley on my 69. Brilliant with a 45mm on the servo.

this is exactly what I am doing, however, on the servo I did not find a 40 / 45mm pulley. if you have an address to give me I am interested

Edited by paloma

1 hour ago, paloma said:

... however, on the servo I did not find a 40 / 45mm pulley. if you have an address to give me I am interested

On aliexpress the pulleys are widely available. I recently purchased this one in particular and have found it to work quite well, plus they are extremely affordable. So far I have not found anything I can fault it for. Probably these are the exact same pulleys you buy from shops in the west, except now you buy straight from the manufacturer and thus they cost 10x less.

45mm seems to be the smallest size available, and as far as I know the shaft diameter is pretty standard on sewing machine motors, so it should fit yours as well.

9 minutes ago, Kawakneurder said:

On aliexpress the pulleys are widely available. I recently purchased this one in particular and have found it to work quite well, plus they are extremely affordable. So far I have not found anything I can fault it for. Probably these are the exact same pulleys you buy from shops in the west, except now you buy straight from the manufacturer and thus they cost 10x less.

45mm seems to be the smallest size available, and as far as I know the shaft diameter is pretty standard on sewing machine motors, so it should fit yours as well.

Thank you very mucho my dear!

On 10/9/2021 at 4:02 PM, paloma said:

:rolleyes: exact! thes 2 little screws these two small screws that I had not seen!

this is exactly what I am doing, however, on the servo I did not find a 40 / 45mm pulley. if you have an address to give me I am interested

Sorry, I lied, It's a 40mm pulley not 45mm. I don't remember where I got it, I had it already but It had a shoulder on it that I had to chop off before I could get the securing nut on it.

005 (2).jpg

on my machine the shaft diameter is 13 mm and it's difficult to find this diameter on the pulleys that we see everywhere.

how did you solve the problem?

1 minute ago, paloma said:

on my machine the shaft diameter is 13 mm and it's difficult to find this diameter on the pulleys that we see everywhere.

how did you solve the problem?

Servo shaft diameter? Can't remember my details because I did a similar conversion on my Durkopp239 but they are out there. You can even buy pulleys that you can bore out yourself.

Try Googling 40mm/45mm sheave instead of pulley.

18 minutes ago, toxo said:

Servo shaft diameter? Can't remember my details because I did a similar conversion on my Durkopp239 but they are out there. You can even buy pulleys that you can bore out yourself.

Try Googling 40mm/45mm sheave instead of pulley.

ah but yes if I was equipped with a lathe it would be a child's play.

Thx.

15 minutes ago, paloma said:

ah but yes if I was equipped with a lathe it would be a child's play.

Thx.

You don't have a hacksaw? chop the shoulder off, clean up with a file. If it has a shoulder it will usually have a set screw in the shoulder and not a keyway. After you take the shoulder off, drill and tap a diagonal set screw hole to hold onto the shaft. We're not dealing with massive torque here. If there's a shoulder on the shaft for the new pulley to sit on you might only need a serrated washer under the nut to hold it in place.

Edited by toxo

43 minutes ago, toxo said:

You don't have a hacksaw? chop the shoulder off, clean up with a file. If it has a shoulder it will usually have a set screw in the shoulder and not a keyway. After you take the shoulder off, drill and tap a diagonal set screw hole to hold onto the shaft. We're not dealing with massive torque here. If there's a shoulder on the shaft for the new pulley to sit on you might only need a serrated washer under the nut to hold it in place.

yes yes i can do it! thanks sir.

If you get stuck, there's a bearing shop not far from me and they're really helpful. Give me the relevant measurements and I'll call them tomorrow.

If you do a search on my content you should find the post I did on it.

Thank you very much, I just remembered that I have a brother in law who is a lathe-mill-fitter with whom I have an excellent relationship!...;)

On 10/10/2021 at 7:27 PM, paloma said:

Thank you very much, I just remembered that I have a brother in law who is a lathe-mill-fitter with whom I have an excellent relationship!...;)

he made me the right product for my needs...

k4sn.jpg

https://zupimages.net/up/21/42/k4sn.jpg

Edited by paloma