Northlift

ISO Pfaff 335 / Juki 145 or Similar

Hello gang, 

Having a hell of a time finding a capable, small cylinder arm for gusset sewing.

Looking for a Pfaff 335, Juki 145 or similar. Please email orders@northliftbelts.com or respond here, thank you! 

I would not think either of the models you mention would be particularly ideal for gusset work due to the distance of the needle from the end cap. On a Pfaff 335 from memory they are about 11mm from the end. I would suggest looking instead for an Adler 69 or better still a Techsew 2600 with the bigger capacity bobbin. They are about 7mm from needle to the end cover and the dog feet are also proper up and down reciprocating feed types. Most Pfaff 335 are more set up for binding operations. Being in Canada I would check this link out - (I have NO affiliation whatsoever with them) https://www.techsew.com/us/techsew-2600-narrow-cylinder-leather-industrial-sewing-machine.html

RockyAussie, you do realize your only talking 4mm difference. Not really enough to make a huge difference. I just prechased a Yamata fy335 cylinder bed machine for sewing hats and bags. This is what I could afford at the time. I installed a 750 watt brushless motor and speed reducer. It’s got plenty of slow speed torque and great handling. I haven’t got to sew any bag gussets yet, but I can guarantee you it’s going too be better then my 1541s flatbed machine. Perhaps later on down the line when I have  more money I’ll purcgase a tech sew 2750 pro, or get a go-1341. However, for now this will get me buy. I’ll change out the binding feed dog and needle plate to the regular sewing feed dog and needle plate. Either way, the difference between 11mm and 7mm is roughly 1/8”. Which I’d say in a pinch is easily worked around.

On 10/11/2021 at 9:49 PM, RockyAussie said:

I would not think either of the models you mention would be particularly ideal for gusset work due to the distance of the needle from the end cap. On a Pfaff 335 from memory they are about 11mm from the end. I would suggest looking instead for an Adler 69 or better still a Techsew 2600 with the bigger capacity bobbin. They are about 7mm from needle to the end cover and the dog feet are also proper up and down reciprocating feed types. Most Pfaff 335 are more set up for binding operations. Being in Canada I would check this link out - (I have NO affiliation whatsoever with them) https://www.techsew.com/us/techsew-2600-narrow-cylinder-leather-industrial-sewing-machine.html

Hey Brian where do you find all those machines that people talk about in Australia?  I've been trying to get an idea of prices and what is available over here, and it looks like pretty much nothing is LOL

(Apologies to the OP for the irrelevant question)

Edited by Spyros

5 hours ago, Flatcapper said:

RockyAussie, you do realize your only talking 4mm difference. Not really enough to make a huge difference. I just prechased a Yamata fy335 cylinder bed machine for sewing hats and bags. This is what I could afford at the time. I installed a 750 watt brushless motor and speed reducer. It’s got plenty of slow speed torque and great handling. I haven’t got to sew any bag gussets yet, but I can guarantee you it’s going too be better then my 1541s flatbed machine. Perhaps later on down the line when I have  more money I’ll purcgase a tech sew 2750 pro, or get a go-1341. However, for now this will get me buy. I’ll change out the binding feed dog and needle plate to the regular sewing feed dog and needle plate. Either way, the difference between 11mm and 7mm is roughly 1/8”. Which I’d say in a pinch is easily worked around.

Hey @Flatcapper, yes I do realise it is only 3 to 4mm more from the edge but please realise that the OP is wanting to by a

On 10/11/2021 at 1:47 AM, Northlift said:

small cylinder arm for gusset sewing

and you rightly point out that as yet, you have not got to sew any bag gussets yet. I have more than one 335 and know they are great machines for a wide range of work but not that great for gussets in my opinion. I have done a lot of different gussets on bags in my time and I can tell you that that 4mm is all the difference in the world when you just can't make it reach. Here is a couple of pictures that is typical of the gussets I do every day and many a whole lot tighten than shown here.

DSC04586_resize.JPGDSC04609_resize.JPG

Note that the 1341 you mention is a great machine but the diameter at the end would be too large for these type of gussets. The CB 6900 has a similar end and you can see how large it is at the end of one of my video's on that machine -

2 hours ago, Spyros said:

Hey Brian where do you find all those machines that people talk about in Australia?  I've been trying to get an idea of prices and what is available over here, and it looks like pretty much nothing is LOL

(Apologies to the OP for the irrelevant question)

Hi @Spyros In answer to that my friend you know I've been doing this for quite awhile now and even up here in Rocky I get to hear about sale or 2 now and then.;) You gotta come up and check out some of the range of Cowboy machines I have here now. The dealer here leaves a few machines with me for people to come and try out and get themselves educated on how to use them and buy if they want. Example the CB 6900 in the video above all set up with heaps of extras comes in just under $3000 au. Have a check through some of my other later videos when you get the time showing the CB4500 as well. Stay well and hope you can get outer that state sometime soon.

20 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

Hi @Spyros In answer to that my friend you know I've been doing this for quite awhile now and even up here in Rocky I get to hear about sale or 2 now and then.;) You gotta come up and check out some of the range of Cowboy machines I have here now. The dealer here leaves a few machines with me for people to come and try out and get themselves educated on how to use them and buy if they want. Example the CB 6900 in the video above all set up with heaps of extras comes in just under $3000 au. Have a check through some of my other later videos when you get the time showing the CB4500 as well. Stay well and hope you can get outer that state sometime soon.

Aw man... I'm stuck here, after 2 years working from home I'm starting to look like a woolly mammoth :D

Thanks though :)

Just now, Spyros said:

Aw man... I'm stuck here, after 2 years working from home I'm starting to look like a woolly mammoth :D

Thanks though :)

Ha Ha yep I know that feeling well.  I looked in the mirror last and..........      :Holysheep: