Sign in to follow this  
Scarolamade

Adler 69 vs Adler 669

Hey guys! I have a question for those that may have experience in both the vintage Adler 69 and the newer Adler 669 . 

I have been looking to add a cylinder arm machine to my arsenal been looking at the 669 and just recently came across its grandfather the mode 69 . I have very little experience in either of these machines but was looking to see the if there’re is any justification of spending extra $$$$$ for new shiny paint ? Currently own a singer 111W105 flatbed machine and really love the old vintage builds.

Thanks!!  

I have sewn on the 69 in a couple of subclasses.  great machine. However, I own a 669 eco.  It is fabulous.  Until about 1.5 years ago, only machine built in this class in the new generation.  Seiko came out with one in 2019 i believe but not as good in that stitch length is not as long or is the lift as high.  My question is what do you want to sew and what weight of thread do you want to use?  Answers will determine what machine I would recommend.  I can give you the differences between the machines.

glenn

Thanks for the response. I make a wide variety of leather goods but mostly golf headcovers and accessories. I am looking for something with a presser foot Hight clearance of around half an inch to 3/4 of an inch.

I believe the model 69 is around 12mm( almost 1/2 an inch). What is the clearance on the 669? 

I suppose I can look up those specs too but just curious. 

Max. stitch length is 9mm.  Foot lift is 20mm.  that is what makes the 669 so nice.

glenn