Dakotajoey

Rusty Rivets

Do any of you out there have trouble with rivets going horribly rusty with bracelets. The part of the rivets that touch the skin go rusty and ugly looking after a while, maybe a few months.  I tried acrylic paint but it looked even worse. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

I rarely use steel based rivets anymore. I use pure brass ones. They cost only a few pence/cents more. No more problem with corrosion

You can get brass rivets with various platings, eg black, gun metal, antique copper.

A good book title = How to Ruin Your Bracelets

by Rusty Rivets

you can paint them with nail polish or you can cover them with leather by adding a liner.  do both is even better. Sweat makes em rust no getting around that.

Edited by chuck123wapati

Thank all of you for your help!  Much appreciated. I thought of a liner but didn’t want to increase the price of the bracelets for my customers. Unfortunately, it is what it is. I will go with brass rivets and liners from now on. Again, thanks a bunch.