Sign in to follow this  
Cumberland Highpower

Anyone use a Sandt Clicker?

The Atom Se25 that I have in my shop here is starting to feel a little weak.....But not a good time to send it off for a rebuild. (I can't afford the down time).   It's been leaking around the top seal a little and seems to have less power to cut than it used to....

A guy not excessively far away has a Sandt Hydraulik" 20 Ton clicker for sale.  Looks pretty sharp.

Trouble is, I've never used a Sandt clicker.  I'm guessing they might be German made?   I'm curious if they're still made or old machinery that's rebuilt over and over?

How do they compare to Atoms?  I've only owned Atoms (Se25 and 999).  Ok, briefly owned a Reece at the dawn of ages.....

What is a good condition Sandt worth? Or should I stick to buying another Atom?

On 10/22/2021 at 2:21 AM, Cumberland Highpower said:

Trouble is, I've never used a Sandt clicker.  I'm guessing they might be German made?   I'm curious if they're still made or old machinery that's rebuilt over and over?

SANDT cutting machines are still made and they have two locations in the US as it seems.

https://schoen-sandt.de/de/unternehmen/standorte

Edited by Constabulary