BattleAx

Waxed Canvas Bags With English Bridle Straps

Finished these Waxed Canvas Tote Bags with Wickett & Craig English Bridle leather straps. I you a CB4500 with #277 Thread I bought this machine from Bob Kovar over at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines in 9/2015 it was the best purchase I have made for my leather work. Was using a Singer 7/34 it was a very cool machine but you can only do so much with it.  Bob is a great person to deal with if you need a new machine give Bob a call over at Toledo 866-362-7397.

IMG_1671 copy.jpg

IMG_2541.jpg

IMG_1209 copy.JPG

Edited by Northmount
Coorected title from bridal to bridle (there is a difference!)

Very nice! They look great.

I'm doing a lot of work with waxed canvas but haven't yet added leather to them.  Are your bags lined?  Are you using some kind of reinforcement behind the rivets?  Are the straps only attached via the rivets or are they sewn also?  Where did you get your waxed canvas?  I've been using the "heavy waxed" canvas that Sailrite sells.  Also some from BigDuckCanvas.

I don't know if you've seen or heard of Adam Savage's EDC One and EDC Two bags?  I've made them with waxed canvas with Cordura for the base.  They look sort of like old fashioned doctor bags and almost as soon as I finish one and put it on display it's sold.  I'm also making some women's purses with it.

But I really like the looks of your bags.

I have been getting my waxed canvas from Fairfield Textile for the last ten years Martexin Original Wax #10 Duck great stuff to work with. I make 1/2" leather washers out of my scrap leather and use them on the inside of the bags. The straps are not sewn on and my bags and the bags are not lined. Here is a link to Fairfield Textile this is great material to make bags out of. Hope this helps... 

Thanks. 

https://fairfieldfabrics.3dcartstores.com/10-Duck_c_29.html

English bridal straps? sorry i had to laugh the term sounds kind of.......... didn't know English brides needed straps.

Beautiful work friend!!!

Very nice, that's the sort of bag I'd gladly buy (before I started making my own bags)

Bridal straps does sound kinky :D

Edited by Spyros