BuckeyeJack

Greetings from the Buckeye State

Hi everyone. I posted a brief introduction in the beginner questions forum but I thought I'd better post a formal introduction over here. My name is Jack. I just recently in the last few months started going down the slippery slope of leatherwork. I have made about 15 wallets not in varying forms. All from my own measurements and templates I have come up with. So far I have only bought scrap leather off eBay as well as a starter tool set with some additions here and their from our local Tandy store and Harbor Freight. I have also made a book cover for my Masonic ritual and degrees book as well as done some modification/repairs for a few friends so far. 

My journey started with EDC wallets and grew as I was always finding things I wanted to try and modify for my own use. I started thinking maybe some of my modifications are things others might want as well. Just trying to find my way right now as I improve my stitching and finishing work. I have a small cheap vise I bought a few years back to help with pinewood derby cars that I have re-puposed into a stitching pony. Glad to be a part of this site and looking forward to growing more. Once I get the time to resize some of my pics, I will post them. So far I'm using Instagram as my base for pictures.

Some of the stuff I’ve done so far…..some of them are rough I know…but this is all practice work

FC77F585-F7A2-49BF-9A7A-934B0690D5A0.jpeg

7D7126D4-9123-4C25-A8F1-2400A0CB92D8.jpeg

918FB0F9-BDB4-4839-8B5D-10E05AFE7113.jpeg

4035D77D-7997-4704-BCDE-4E9C7CC5AB3D.jpeg

D4860163-DFFF-4C8A-80EE-EBAAE34C2173.jpeg

2F5FB420-B714-471E-AF95-4F89ADD68C9C.jpeg

AC11C1F3-D21A-44D6-831D-165D0F22F2DE.jpeg

4E1754A7-6F05-44E1-B910-9F95053F3589.jpeg

Edited by BuckeyeJack

Have fun . . . just around the corner from you up Marion way.

May God bless,

Dwight

Hello and welcome from SW Ohio! 

Thanks everyone! Sorry its been so long since I've been back on.....a lot of moving parts in my life right now. Hopefully I will be posting some more of my stuff soon. Since I started this "hobby" back in October I find that I have had more and more people ask for things to be made and it just keeps building. Hard to stay caught up! To the other Ohio members, I'd love to meet up one day and just talk leather.....I've only met one other here in the Columbus area, another member of my Masonic lodge, who is into leather working as a hobby as well. It's fun just to talk ideas and techniques!