I have a customer who wanted all leather ankle holster for his ruger lcp. Hes retired LEO and still does some light security work. Ankle holster is concealed of course but the customer wanted patriotic decoration anyway. So i messed around and let the leather tell me what it wanted. Its patriotic and kind of a tribute to customers leo career and all other now and then leo's and also has a little captain america feel to it. I messed around with some thinned down fiebings pro usmc black to give project more of a stonewashed softer navy color. Did a distressed star inlay with inlay trim panel being cut out in the shape of a shield/badge. Stitched around inlay with a bright white thread and the rest of stitching around whole piece is done in a blue thread. I finished the back with thin layer of polyester padding and a soft suede liner. This is far from first holster but is my first ankle holster.

20211025_161641.jpg

More pics

20211025_161722.jpg

Very nicely done. I could never get an anchor holster to stay put but your design seems like it would work quite well.

Heres another pic of whole thing layed out flat. Its still a little stiff because its new. But as you all know the leather will soften up with use. The holster is made from 7/8 oz and the ankle strap is 4/5 oz. 

20211025_161851.jpg