Rossr

Rossley folding table

Ok folks up for sale a Rossley folding table. I do not know much about it but will gladly answer any questions I can.  Located I'm the Pocono region of Pennsylvania.    $225

20211014_215635.jpg

20211014_215623.jpg

20211014_215646.jpg

20211014_215654.jpg

WOW ....I"m crying ...the freight to me would be ridiculous but I have paid 10 times more than that for smaller ones. For those of you that want to do serious production on wallets and stuff you better be quick. Here is a Very inexperienced operator showing one of these off and I can tell you we do pocket tops on something like this machine at the rate of about 10 secs per. Hint ...take of that silly bar in front if you are doing anything less than 2 hand widths wide caus its way quicker to hold it by hand. Anyway here is the link

Forgot to mention ...the holes cut in the table top would have been cut out for zip pulls to sit down into and the other one probably for the centre bridge section of a wallet to sit down into so the top section can be done straight across. A teflon cover on the table will make it way quicker and nice to operate on.

1 hour ago, RockyAussie said:

Forgot to mention ...the holes cut in the table top would have been cut out for zip pulls to sit down into and the other one probably for the centre bridge section of a wallet to sit down into so the top section can be done straight across. A teflon cover on the table will make it way quicker and nice to operate on.

I've always wondered what those were for Thanks for the info,  makes perfect sense but I never would have thought about that.  The above video is the only one I have found showing the Rossley table too.

Best

Ross

On 10/26/2021 at 6:17 AM, RockyAussie said:

That's pretty interesting.  My Rossley doesn't have any cuts like this one does.   

I've got an electric heating element on mine w/control box. Ever use one like that?

On 10/28/2021 at 5:35 AM, Cumberland Highpower said:

That's pretty interesting.  My Rossley doesn't have any cuts like this one does. 

I am sure like myself the previous owner made them to suit those applications. Most jobs are small like credit card pockets and it is easy to avoid the hole when doing those.

On 10/28/2021 at 5:35 AM, Cumberland Highpower said:

've got an electric heating element on mine w/control box. Ever use one like that?

I have had an OMAC one that has heated plates top and bottom with the option of a raised section for putting in a crease line at the same time as the folding. I used it a lot but when it developed problems with the main board they advised me that they dont have those parts available for machines over 5 years old. Cost about $12,000 au here and they still sell the same machine that all works the same except perhaps the main board section. I prefer now to stick with what I can do with the manual versions.

DSC05044_resize.JPG

11 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

I am sure like myself the previous owner made them to suit those applications. Most jobs are small like credit card pockets and it is easy to avoid the hole when doing those.

I have had an OMAC one that has heated plates top and bottom with the option of a raised section for putting in a crease line at the same time as the folding. I used it a lot but when it developed problems with the main board they advised me that they dont have those parts available for machines over 5 years old. Cost about $12,000 au here and they still sell the same machine that all works the same except perhaps the main board section. I prefer now to stick with what I can do with the manual versions.

DSC05044_resize.JPG

Yikes at that price cant believe parts arent still available,    I'm not sure all of the machines in my shop add up to that lol.  

34 minutes ago, Rossr said:

Yikes at that price cant believe parts arent still available

Me as well.

Did they tell you what was wrong with the main board?  Perhaps someone can repair it...?

4 hours ago, YinTx said:

Did they tell you what was wrong with the main board?  Perhaps someone can repair it...?

No, no help there. All I wanted is for them to send me a new main board but as my machine is more than 5 years old that's a no go. Could be just the dealers here ...who knows??? If I could just get a cost of the new one I would probably take the gamble. Wish I could speak and write Italian. I wanted to get a new motor gearbox for one of my OMAC glue machines here and that went badly south as well. Great production machines until they need some maintenance over here in OZ.

May I suggest you try to find a local electronics geek and take the board to him/her?

A story. Years ago my photo-processor's main developing machine broke down. A board in it had gone faulty. No replacement readily available. Would take several months to replace if at all. With the processor doing several hundred films per hour on 3 machines he was looking at buying a new main machine at tens of thousands of ££.

One of our friends, who was a bit of geek and weirdo, came by. Disappeared in to the room with the machine. Then cleared off. Two hours he was back. Back into the machine room, came out and declared the film processing machine was fixed.

And it was. Cost? was a small component at 25 pence (I kid you not).

Our geek had looked at the boards, saw the problem, took the board out and home, soldered in a replacement component from his stock of bits. His payment? was 'will you give me a ten pack of xxxx film?' He got more than ten films and free film processing & printing for several months

5 hours ago, fredk said:

May I suggest you try to find a local electronics geek and take the board to him/her?

A story. Years ago my photo-processor's main developing machine broke down. A board in it had gone faulty. No replacement readily available. Would take several months to replace if at all. With the processor doing several hundred films per hour on 3 machines he was looking at buying a new main machine at tens of thousands of ££.

One of our friends, who was a bit of geek and weirdo, came by. Disappeared in to the room with the machine. Then cleared off. Two hours he was back. Back into the machine room, came out and declared the film processing machine was fixed.

And it was. Cost? was a small component at 25 pence (I kid you not).

Our geek had looked at the boards, saw the problem, took the board out and home, soldered in a replacement component from his stock of bits. His payment? was 'will you give me a ten pack of xxxx film?' He got more than ten films and free film processing & printing for several months

Thanks for the thought @fredk That would be a dream come true but so far we mostly have weirdos lacking in sufficient geek factor. This :crazy: Not :Lighten:

Post a photo of said board.  Maybe someone with the correct factor will appear.

YinTx