nancyg

Retiring and selling tools

I am selling out my leather tools, patterns, and books. I'm wondering if there is a market for Craftools dating from 1949-1963. These would be the stamping tools marked Craftool Co with only a number, no alpha. I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the tools, patterns, and books I need to move. What do you look for when buying and how do I price what I've got.

I'm seeing some of these tools listed for  $12 each for the 49-63 vintage. Is that an enticing amount? It's the top of the iceburg of what I previously bought. I know the Barry King stamping tools will go for more. Do I need pictures of each tool and what they look like stamped?

Hi

I'm not an expert by any means and surely the moderator will jump in, but I should think pictures and a price list would be instrumental.  Also, you should decide if you are going to sell in lots or individual pieces.   Lots of collectors from across the world visit this forum so you should also let everyone know if you're going to limit shipping or not.    You should also place your city as a location if you want to attract anyone local who can stop by.

Also, if you have any machinery there is another category on this forum for just those types of items.   

Good luck! 

Edited by JayEhl

Thanks JayEhl, all good advice. I'll start cataloging the tools and put a price on them. I think selling in lots would be good. I also have a Leather Machine Co sewing machine for sale so I'll look for that category and list it there.

@nancyg

Marketplace rules are here.  https://leatherworker.net/forum/forum/70-announcements/

Selling/listing small lots in separate posts will help you keep track of what has sold, so you don't have to post package 1 of 50 is sold type thing.  Then you and we as members will be able to easily see what is still available.

Identify if shipping is included, where you are willing to ship to, PayPal or eTransfer or other means of payment.  Remember this is a global forum.

Add your location to your profile so we know what area you are located in. La Grande Oregon according to your IP address.

There is also a section for business and estate sales where you could just list the whole thing and a price for it all.

There is a Facebook page "Tandy Craftaid Template Database" https://www.facebook.com/groups/1373586829381487

6 hours ago, nancyg said:

I also have a Leather Machine Co sewing machine for sale

There is a leather sewing machine sales area you can post your machine.   I'm certain it will sell pretty quickly. 

Good morning, what books and patterns do you have for sale?