Sign in to follow this  
Papastretch

Papastretch

Just picked up a JUKI DDL 555 and am trying to find out about leather needles. I realize that this is not a 'leatherworking' model, but I plan on using garment grade leather. Most all needles are either diamond or triangle shaped. Does anyone have an idea where I may find this style of needle, or if the regular needle will do the job. I am currently using an old 'cobblers patch' machine, hand-cranked and know that even motorized, it would not really be that good for garment leather. Looking forward to any help provided. Thanks !

You could try Wawak. In Canada, www.wawak.ca or USA, www.wawak.com

kgg

Thread exchange.

14 hours ago, Papastretch said:

Just picked up a JUKI DDL 555 and am trying to find out about leather needles. I realize that this is not a 'leatherworking' model, but I plan on using garment grade leather. Most all needles are either diamond or triangle shaped. Does anyone have an idea where I may find this style of needle, or if the regular needle will do the job. I am currently using an old 'cobblers patch' machine, hand-cranked and know that even motorized, it would not really be that good for garment leather. Looking forward to any help provided. Thanks !

I found some on Ebay, in series 16x257LR. You select the size from a drop down menu.  You can consult this thread and needle chart to find the best combinations.