Dwight

Total New Rig Design For Me

A long time friend of mine (50 yrs + ) asked me a year ago if I could make him a set of suspenders that would incorporate a shoulder holster . . . mag carrier . . .  and of course, hold up his britches.

Between sicknesses . . . travel . . . and a few other things . . . took over a year to get it done.  He drove off with it on yesterday . . .  pleased as punch.

I felt good making it for him.

May God bless,

Dwight

pancake 1 small.jpg

pancake 2 small.jpg

pancake 3 small.jpg

pancake 4 small.jpg

I think I know that guy! Naw, not really. But, that is a very nice rig. Well done!

Excellent... Your project shows great planning and excellent execution. I wear suspenders and carry a gun - now you have given me something to think about...

Nice job!

I love making stuff for friends, there is generally such a feeling of gratitude and they think you are some kind of magician. Looks great @Dwight!

Once again, Sir...your positive, head-scratching ingenuity shines through in strong fashion. The older I get, the more cold-natured I become AND the less I like having my britches tugged at by an IBW rig. Sure gives me an idea or three for a shoulder holster once that new Springfield SA-35 (Browning Hi-Power clone) finally gets to my LGS.

yes sir that is really nice! I want one now. 

Very nice and double duty.  Like the swivel snaps to unhood it from the pants when using a dehydration port (aka bathroom)

Edited by Scoutmom103

Thanks everyone for the good words . . . 

It was a case in itself . . . after we first got started . . . he had to go out west for a few weeks . .  . got covid . . . 

Came home . . . took a long time to get well . . . 

Original plan of front to back double suspenders wound up getting scrapped in favor of the three legged design . . . 

Had to add legs to the holster and mag pouch that way . . . 

I got a bunch of interim orders I would work on when he wasn't available . . . all in all it took a bit over a year to get it on his shoulders and out the door.

But it was fun.

May God bless,

Dwight

He must be a mighty big feller, if those 1911 mag pouches look so tiny.

7 hours ago, DrmCa said:

He must be a mighty big feller, if those 1911 mag pouches look so tiny.

Ummm . . . that belt he's wearing I made 10 or so years ago for him.  It's over 50 inches to the most used hole.

May God bless,

Dwight

What a wonderful job.  Your work is excellent and design is above most I've seen.  

looks like a nice rig  !  but that front piece across the chest sure looks like a nipple pincher to me.