Sign in to follow this  
Frodo

belt bag thingy

every need a bag to put something in and did not have one? picking wild mushrooms or gather tomatoes?  

this fits on your belt, it is 5''' x 3 1/2''''   [127mm x 88.9]

when opened it is  9 x 6 x 4    [228mm x152.4 x 101.6] 

1930471780_beltbag003.thumb.JPG.88a05337a75dc334da60cfa464075cac.JPG

Nice dragon scales. I bet that took awhile. I wish I had the creative "flow" for idea's that you have. Thanks for sharing.

27 minutes ago, rleather said:

Nice dragon scales. I bet that took awhile. I wish I had the creative "flow" for idea's that you have. Thanks for sharing.

I would love to lay claim to this idea. BUT alas ...I found it on my facebook page. My niece sent me a video of it and asked me If I could make it.

Rory Durable Collapsible PU Leather Waxed Canvas Bag Foraging Pouch - MadeGen (mattfun.com)

$19.95  is BS.  I am going to make these and ask $50.00

Edited by Frodo

7 hours ago, Frodo said:

19.95  is BS.  I am going to make these and ask $50.00

Great lookin foraging pouch. Ive been planning on making myself one for sometime just havent took the time to do it. I think for handcrafted nice pouch 50 is more then fair. I never understand how so many people charge those super low prices.  Speacially on like etsy and such i see stuff and it doesnt look like bad craftsmanship but theyll be asking prices that i couldnt even cover material cost if my prices where that low.  I see similar holsters to some i make that i need to charge 80 to 100 dollars for to cover cost and squeak out a touch of profit and the ones online are like 25 30 bucks. Then i get people calling me asking what i would charge for this or that and when i price item they allways say well i seen this or that online for half that price. I tell them to buy the cheaper item if it makes them happy. Then i tell them to keep my number if they want to so when there cheaper item falls apart they can call me but my price will be the same or more. 

4 hours ago, HandyDave said:

Great lookin foraging pouch. Ive been planning on making myself one for sometime just havent took the time to do it. I think for handcrafted nice pouch 50 is more then fair. I never understand how so many people charge those super low prices.  Speacially on like etsy and such i see stuff and it doesnt look like bad craftsmanship but theyll be asking prices that i couldnt even cover material cost if my prices where that low.  I see similar holsters to some i make that i need to charge 80 to 100 dollars for to cover cost and squeak out a touch of profit and the ones online are like 25 30 bucks. Then i get people calling me asking what i would charge for this or that and when i price item they allways say well i seen this or that online for half that price. I tell them to buy the cheaper item if it makes them happy. Then i tell them to keep my number if they want to so when there cheaper item falls apart they can call me but my price will be the same or more. 

So true.  here is a ''nice looking''  20 dollar wallet,  I de-constructed it `

It is full of card board and foam filler. BUT, it looks good and is cheap.  should last about 6 months before you need another one

004.JPG.4130f3ce559beddd37e217f8c8d06f32.JPG003.JPG.39d03ba493f4f93899f6a4b6a74e0965.JPG

Εh, cheap things have their place, not everyone wants things that last for decades because they enjoy shopping for new things anyway.  I learned that from my wife, there is no point in making here a heirloom bag because very soon she's out to get a new one no matter what, then the one I made her is collecting dust.  I can literally make her a bag just with glue to hold together for a couple of months and then self implode and she'd be perfectly happy with it.

That foraging pouch is a good idea though, and I like your colour combinations

Good for alot of things. those are really nice looking. Cheap things do have their place unfortunately its the landfill and just more pollution in the end.

I still  stand by my first comment, while this may not be yours , you have come up with some really great ideas.

On 10/30/2021 at 1:40 PM, Frodo said:

I would love to lay claim to this idea. BUT alas ...I found it on my facebook page. My niece sent me a video of it and asked me If I could make it.

Rory Durable Collapsible PU Leather Waxed Canvas Bag Foraging Pouch - MadeGen (mattfun.com)

$19.95  is BS.  I am going to make these and ask $50.00

Just now, rleather said:

I still  stand by my first comment, while this may not be yours , you have come up with some really great ideas.

Edited by rleather