Sign in to follow this  
Ferg

FALL IN OHIO

I know everyone in the USA doesn't have the opportunity to see Fall Color in the trees. Just thought this was kinda special.

YOUNG DOE .jpg

We live in the woods and have the God Given opportunity to see animals like this. This little girl came to the fence begging for some shelled corn. As you can see she is very thin and I believe 

she may have some injuries to her hind legs. Never know what may happen to them. Some infidels seem to think it is funny to run into them with their vehicles or throw things at them etc.

I went into our shed where I keep the corn to feed them. She didn't move more than a few steps away from me. As soon as I put corn in the pans she began eating. We have between twenty and thirty deer that visit

our woods and yard.

FALL COLOR#2.jpg

We haven't had frost yet, probably going to change this coming week. Unusual to have Begonias blooming at the end of October. Woods isn't as colorful as some years but the contrasts in

color are great

.LEAVES.jpg

begonias&leaves.jpg

Enjoy, and an early wish for all of you folks to have a fantastic family Thanksgiving together.

Ferg

Edited by Ferg

5 hours ago, Ferg said:

I know everyone in the USA doesn't have the opportunity to see Fall Color in the trees. Just thought this was kinda special.

YOUNG DOE .jpg

We live in the woods and have the God Given opportunity to see animals like this. This little girl came to the fence begging for some shelled corn. As you can see she is very thin and I believe 

she may have some injuries to her hind legs. Never know what may happen to them. Some infidels seem to think it is funny to run into them with their vehicles or throw things at them etc.

I went into our shed where I keep the corn to feed them. She didn't move more than a few steps away from me. As soon as I put corn in the pans she began eating. We have between twenty and thirty deer that visit

our woods and yard.

FALL COLOR#2.jpg

We haven't had frost yet, probably going to change this coming week. Unusual to have Begonias blooming at the end of October. Woods isn't as colorful as some years but the contrasts in

color are great

.LEAVES.jpg

begonias&leaves.jpg

Enjoy, and an early wish for all of you folks to have a fantastic family Thanksgiving together.

Ferg

very beautiful Ferg, we have alot of deer in our little town we feed also, but its illegal so we have to sneak it lol. 

Just got back from elk hunting trip, heres a bit of color from Wyoming

sunset.JPG

@Ferg That is truly beautiful. Such a lovely place you have there. I have to say I'm a little envious.

I'm in the Central wheatbelt , west oz, I often jokingly say that we have only 2 seasons   here in West Oz , ' alive & dead'  . Nice and green  during the cooler wet months, but now we're coming into our ' dead' season. Its only a matter of weeks before everything is dead & dry .  Theres not much difference between autumn  & spring , all looks the same . 

The only fauna  around my place is the occasional bobby, ( Bobtail lizard ) , and the occasional snake, but we're having some confusing weather atm, nice and warm one day, freezing the next.  We try to put out water for the ' bobbys' . They help keep the snakes at bay . 

The sun rises & sun sets is something I enjoy here, I really take notice of those . Lovely pic you have there. 

HS

here is some of our fall colors, they don't last long and ended about three weeks ago, there is snow on the ground now lol.

they make a beautiful desktop picture.

colors1.JPG

colors2.JPG

Edited by chuck123wapati
more info

I love the streams and trees, beautiful.

When a kid we lived on a72 acre farm. Between 30 and 40 acres of woods with a spring fed creek meandering through. Oldest daughter and her husband live at the beginning of that spring.

Spent many a day enjoying what mother nature has given us.

Ferg

Stop it you guys, making me so jealous   :) :) 

Yeh, you're right @chuck123wapati, all of those pics would make nice postcards or calendars.

Some years back,  in Summer, coming back from my early morning casual job, got home around 5am, couldn't  let that pass without taking a pic. A bit out of focus, but nice.  I stood there for quite a while looking at it as it kept changing colour. .  Just me, and Mother Nature waking up. 'sobsniff'   :)

HS

Sunrise in The Wheatbelt.jpg

4 minutes ago, Handstitched said:

Stop it you guys, making me so jealous   :) :) 

Yeh, you're right @chuck123wapati, all of those pics would make nice postcards or calendars.

Some years back,  in Summer, coming back from my early morning casual job, got home around 5am, couldn't  let that pass without taking a pic. A bit out of focus, but nice.  I stood there for quite a while looking at it as it kept changing colour. .  Just me, and Mother Nature waking up. 'sobsniff'   :)

HS

Sunrise in The Wheatbelt.jpg

beautiful picture! Nothing quite like an early morning sunrise or evening sunset. Makes you feel like you really do exist. We may live miles apart but we all see the same sky.