YinTx

Finally able to show these off!

Finally finished up the sheaths for these three, so I can put them all in the same photo!  3 knifes, 2 have handles made by none other than @Rossr (burled handle, and the handle on the Blanchard).

The Blanchard I have been using, and really like the functionality offered by this blade design.  The burled handle fits very nicely in the hand, especially if you have larger hands.  The third knife is an HF Osborne that I recently acquired.

I took a photo of the Blanchard Emblem and used it for the basis of the sheath design, since the emblem is slightly worn, I have no idea if I represented it correctly!

YinTx

RoundKnivesSheathes6LoRes.jpg.79f2a69f9c8d295561e1215f0c916f28.jpg

RoundKnivesSheathes8LoRes.thumb.jpg.8103247b63ea7e0c0854d1546544b957.jpg

RoundKnivesSheathes7LoRes.jpeg.b590e996d46a47a03a893671d1fb84a3.jpeg

RoundKnivesSheathes14LoRes.thumb.jpg.4152377f222f9787dbd7d520fec76efd.jpg

RoundKnivesSheathes12LoRes.jpg.34b415a6defb55662678ff0996e7f479.jpg

Very nice work Y!

1 hour ago, garypl said:

Very nice work Y!

Thank you.  And really nice work by @Rossr making the handles and ferrules for those two blades!  Really happy with them.

YinTx

Had fun making the ferrules and handles as you know @YinTx.  The leatherwork sheaths look great that you made for them.  I keep meaning to make a sheath or 2 for mine.  Did you put a welt in those?

Someone has been active on ebay etc collecting round knives I see too.  That little one looks cute top left of pics.

Appreciate the compliments you are too kind

Ross

35 minutes ago, Rossr said:

https://vergez-blanchard.fr/en/10-shop

I didnt even know blanchard was still in business.  But you can see the emblem on the website above

Ross

Didn't think to look for that.  I just had noticed that some of the different tools I had seen had slightly different versions of the logo and mascot.  So I did what I could to match the one on the actual knife the sheath was for!  I had a link to some older website they had, which was in French. It seems they have updated recently.

42 minutes ago, Rossr said:

That little one looks cute top left of pics.

I get em where I can!  The smallest one is an HF Osborne, also, and have never seen one that tiny.  Not sure it started that way, but who knows!? The others in the background are C.S. Osborne (Newark), 3 W. Rose, and 2 Gomph.

Tis but a fraction of the collection I seem to have amassed over the years.  Have sold a few, and need to sell a few more.  The Blanchard you put a handle on came from an individual in England, who said he got it from a fellow in France, who claimed it was really old when he purchased it in the early '70's.  

YinTx

Those are really nice, looks like you have alot more to make lol.

33 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

Those are really nice, looks like you have alot more to make lol.

Thank you, and indeed, I do!

YinTx

16 hours ago, YinTx said:

Didn't think to look for that.  I just had noticed that some of the different tools I had seen had slightly different versions of the logo and mascot.

@Rossr, subtle but I finally picked out some of the differences.  Notice the tail is below the body on the new logo, and above it on the old.  Also, _PARIS_ is below the logo, new one has BLANCHARD.  Old one has that above the logo, instead of VERGEZ.  The old one has the ears perked up, and the collar is wider.  Gait appears more of a trot in the old version vs. fully outstretched run in the new one.  I think I still didn't do the old version justice, but then I'm the only one using the thing, so none of any of this really even matters.  :blink:  Just me being persnickety.

YinTx 

7 hours ago, YinTx said:

@Rossr, subtle but I finally picked out some of the differences.  Notice the tail is below the body on the new logo, and above it on the old.  Also, _PARIS_ is below the logo, new one has BLANCHARD.  Old one has that above the logo, instead of VERGEZ.  The old one has the ears perked up, and the collar is wider.  Gait appears more of a trot in the old version vs. fully outstretched run in the new one.  I think I still didn't do the old version justice, but then I'm the only one using the thing, so none of any of this really even matters.  :blink:  Just me being persnickety.

YinTx 

All that matters is you are happy with your result.  That being said I'd overanalyze it too.  

R

That's quite an addiction @YinTx! Beautiful work on the sheathes and the handles!

On 11/2/2021 at 7:33 AM, battlemunky said:

That's quite an addiction @YinTx! Beautiful work on the sheathes and the handles!

You have no idea.  !!  

"Hi, my name is YinTx.  Thank you for welcoming me to TT Anonymous.  I have . . . lots of tools.          erhm...                I think I may have Tool Troubles."

and, thanks!

YinTx

Very nice!

9 hours ago, BruceGibson said:

Very nice!

Appreciate it!

YinTx