Carverdw

794 D Sewing Needle Sources

Hello,

I just picked up an Artisan Toro 3000 machine and I am looking for a source where I can purchase 794 D needles by the pack and not full boxes.  In particular, I am looking fir 784 D, NM: 160 Size 23 needles.  Thanks for any help.

Dave

I buy all my needles from Nadel24 in Germany.

https://www.nadel24.de/Schmetz-Rundkolbennadeln-System-794

So far they have had all the needles that I have been looking for.  And the needles come in packages of 10.
I also like their sewing machine oil.

Try Bob Kovar at Toledo Sewing.   weaver Leather on line

1 hour ago, Mulesaw said:

I buy all my needles from Nadel24 in Germany.

https://www.nadel24.de/Schmetz-Rundkolbennadeln-System-794

So far they have had all the needles that I have been looking for.  And the needles come in packages of 10.
I also like their sewing machine oil.

Might be a little high on postage to the US?

2 hours ago, Carverdw said:

Hello,

I just picked up an Artisan Toro 3000 machine and I am looking for a source where I can purchase 794 D needles by the pack and not full boxes.  In particular, I am looking fir 784 D, NM: 160 Size 23 needles.  Thanks for any help.

Dave

I just ordered three packs of 794 needles from Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines (866-362-7397). Bob Kovar stocks them and system 7x3 in most or all sizes and point shapes. The leather points I get are either S (inline) or D (tri-point). Type 7x3 are round points for cloth, webbing, vinyls, plastics or smaller sizes that don't have a leather point available any more. S points sort of submerge the ends due to the slicing shape, giving the impression that the stitches are shorter. D points keep the ends on the top so it looks like you have longer stitches. I sometimes use the D points when I want the top thread to stand out more than with the S points.

30 minutes ago, Cumberland Highpower said:

Might be a little high on postage to the US?

Yes, I only discovered that the Opening Person was based in the US right after hitting the "submit" button :)

I haven't checked how much the postage is though, so it could be quite reasonable (or prohibitive).

Thank you all for your responses. I ordered needles today from Bob at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines.  I appreciate the help.