Sign in to follow this  
NogoodatLW

In search of a witches hat.

I am looking to have two witches hats made probably late January to early February for my wife and a friend. I am interested in what the steps are I need to go through and a general idea of the cost. Please over calculate instead of low-balling. I know it is a skill set worth paying for and I would rather find out it was cheaper than quoted than more expensive. Thanks in advance. 

You need wood block head shape 1. 5" thick taper to match hat height . for the upper hat I would use 3oz vegtan with bag stiffener and satin liner . for the brim same 3oz vegtan  with bag stiffener in between 3oz top and bottom glued and stitched around outer brim with a nice burnished edge. finish Black pro dye with top coat of resolean  top seam flat French hand stitch no overlap 6" brim skive glue and stitch to top ,hat liner inner band stitched at the same time hat height around 14" hat  dia head plus11"        Price around $550.00 each 

Thanks for the information, and an idea of what the costs are going to be, thank you.

Wizard Hat Pattern Witch Hat Leather DIY Pdf Download | Etsy

here is a link to a pattern, a tutorial,  and  the material that is needed

TIP.  you can buy the leather pre dyed,  you will have to edge coat your cuts

all the material can be bought at Springfield leather,  give them a call and tell them what you want and what you are making, the girls will lead you in the correct direction  

Edited by Frodo