64poncho

Juki 563 Hook

What is the difference in thread size for the standard hook #33-B1830-563-0A0 and the heavy thread hook #42-B1830-563-BA0 that is used in the

LU-563? 

0EBDAAFB-3CF2-4FBD-93CB-C1031C5D8FE2.jpeg.8d0bc8afd2250ebacd6542523553e93a.jpeg

All I have found out about the differences is that the light/medium duty hook takes M style bobbins, which holds approximately 1.58x more thread than the G style bobbins that are used in the Singer 111 walking foot machines upon which the Juki LU-562 and 563 were cloned.

In contrast, the heavy duty 563 hook takes U style, double capacity (2x) bobbins. This difference in capacity is based upon the standard G size bobbin which is regarded as 1x capacity in a Singer 111 walking foot machine.

12 hours ago, 64poncho said:

What is the difference in thread size for the standard hook #33-B1830-563-0A0 and the heavy thread hook #42-B1830-563-BA0 that is used in the

LU-563? 

0EBDAAFB-3CF2-4FBD-93CB-C1031C5D8FE2.jpeg.8d0bc8afd2250ebacd6542523553e93a.jpeg

The standard hook will work better with thinner home size thread & the heavier duty one doesn't have the little tang (finger)on the gib that will allow the thicker thread to release easier off it.We used to grind the tang off the standard ones when people wanted to sew heavier material with thicker thread.You can see the standard one in the pic on the  left.

Juki 563 hook differences.jpg

Thanks Wizcrafts & CowboyBob for explaining that. 

I have a 111w155 that I believe has been converted to large bobbin ( size U 28x11mm  not the m size), need to replace the hook,  from what I can find out I believe the correct part comes from a juki LU-563 , part no.B1830-563-OAO or B1830-563-BAO , they both look like mine, mine has the tang on it, but uses the "U" style (28x11mm) bobbin , the parts I looked up say the use large "M" bobbin , not the "U", something is not adding up, any help would be great , thanks

On 2/3/2022 at 5:06 PM, kando said:

I have a 111w155 that I believe has been converted to large bobbin ( size U 28x11mm  not the m size), need to replace the hook,  from what I can find out I believe the correct part comes from a juki LU-563 , part no.B1830-563-OAO or B1830-563-BAO , they both look like mine, mine has the tang on it, but uses the "U" style (28x11mm) bobbin , the parts I looked up say the use large "M" bobbin , not the "U", something is not adding up, any help would be great , thanks

Contact @CowboyBob about this. Or, start a new topic and wait for a professional dealer to reply. Yours is now a non-standard machine. I also have a Singer walking foot machine that @CowboyBob converted to use a Juki U bobbin. He knows the parts and alterations involved in this conversion.

On 2/3/2022 at 5:06 PM, kando said:

We always use the HD hook w/o the tang for heavier sewing B1830-563-BAO

thanks for the input,      is ,there good place to order this part ,or should I just search amozon and ebay,  also am I correct in assuming that both parts use the "U" size bobbin(28x11mm),just want to make sure, I already ordered and returned one, was the original part for this machine before being converted, I did not know it was changed over and just looked it up in the parts list , thanks for the help.

5 hours ago, kando said:

thanks for the input,      is ,there good place to order this part

@CowboyBobprobably has that hook in stock. Call him and ask. The phone number is in his signature.