Bert03241

No logo request

Had a guy that wants me to make a dozen wallets and no to put my logo on them. Think he wants to sell them as his. I don't like this idea . What do you guys think?

25 minutes ago, Bert03241 said:

Think he wants to sell them as his. I don't like this idea.

So upcharge him. Maybe he can become an outlet for you.

32 minutes ago, Bert03241 said:

Had a guy that wants me to make a dozen wallets and no to put my logo on them. Think he wants to sell them as his. I don't like this idea . What do you guys think?

Bert,

I'm with you.  Something just don't feel right.

Jim

26 minutes ago, LatigoAmigo said:

So upcharge him. Maybe he can become an outlet for you.

nah I still want my logo on my work:thumbsup:

I never put logos on anything... I prefer my clothes and everything else I use without logos too if possible, I don't know why I would pay to become an advertisement for someone else's brand.  But that's besides the point, that's just me.  Back to your issue, what is the worst case scenario?  Suppose he on-sells them under his brand, why is that a problem for you if you're still getting the price you wanted?  He's subcontracting the production of a wallet.

2 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

90+% of my work we do here for over 20+years has not been done with my logo. Fact is most of the product we make that is on our Wild Harry website are just throw in extras we do make when doing a run for other customers orders.We do a lot of products for different brand names (some big and some small) and that suites me fine as I don't need to do so much advertising and customer handling that way. Lets me focus on what I am better at really. I assist this also by helping them get their brand done for the size of the products they get and that gets applied to the products as they are getting made.

2 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

Unless he is up front with why he needs a dozen wallets without logo's tell him that with the logo it's "X" dollars per wallet and "3X or +" dollars per wallet without the logo as well as suggesting he approach say Gucci.

kgg

1 hour ago, Spyros said:

I never put logos on anything... I prefer my clothes and everything else I use without logos too if possible, I don't know why I would pay to become an advertisement for someone else's brand.  But that's besides the point, that's just me.  Back to your issue, what is the worst case scenario?  Suppose he on-sells them under his brand, why is that a problem for you if you're still getting the price you wanted?  He's subcontracting the production of a wallet.

Totally agree.

Sell them to the guy.  Why not?   Like some of the other members above I sell quite a few of my goods to retailers that resell under house brands. 

It's kind of like, so what??

Think of Craftsman or Makita, Chanellock, etc....They all buy off the line tools and have them rebranded by the manufacturers....

Hell, even machinery companies do that.   Weaver Leather sells a Weaver 205 that's really someone else's design and build.

Sell  your buyer 10x that if he has the money.

Edited by Cumberland Highpower

why bother as long is it puts money in your pocket. If he makes a buck or two why not would not hurt my feelings. Maybe he will come back and buy more.

make the wallets without or dont sell its your option, your money, your life. But he will then buy them from someone else his option, his money, his life.

Make them, sell them, pocket the money

I only got a makers stamp a few years back and still 99% of stuff I make goes out without the stamp on it

A makers stamp is good for knowing your work, especially traceability for guarantees and such

Something I once did on a different product was to put a secret mark on my items. When I got one back with a complaint I looked and the secret mark was not there, the item was another maker's copy of mine.

I enjoy leather working but with a full time job already its more of a hobby right now, I mostly make western gun rigs and belts for Cowboy shooters.

Last year I made several sets of holsters and belts for a Cowboy who supplied me with his own stamp, I didn't charge any extra and I actually gave him a discount because of the quantity he purchased. He was happy with the quality and continues to buy from me.

I say make them, a happy repeat customer is all ways nice to have.

Just my 2 cent's

Johnny

Edited by Johnny

Thanks for all the opinions, I guess its to each his own. He just email me back said I could put my logo on it. Its just a thing I guess . I designed it did customization and made it. When he shows it or sells it to someone else I want them to know I made it not him. Some of you agree some of you don't LOL :cheers:

28 minutes ago, Bert03241 said:

Some of you agree some of you don't LOL :cheers:

The glass can be viewed as half empty or half full. Glad it worked out for you.