I've searched the site looking for references/recommendations for double sided tape and followed several links to the Wawak site that are now dead.

I think one or two of them said that Wiz had recommended a certain tape (Victory?) from Wawak that they don't seem to sell anymore.

I see they have Super-Strong Double Sided Vinyl/Leather Basting Tape listed under the Wawak brand name. I'm machine sewing and looking for something that isn't going to gum needles up. Is this a good replacement for the tape referenced in the dead links? I'm open to other suggestions but I'm going to place an order with Wawak for some other things this week and I'd like to save shipping from another supplier if I can.

Thanks,

Arturo

I've been using Wawak's super strong tape for many months now.  I find it very strong but it does gum up the needle a bit.  That hasn't been a problem for me and generally I've just kept using the needle without cleaning it until the needle had to be replaced.  But I've also cleaned the needle from time to time using an alcohol wipe.  The tape works well on fabric and leather and it does work on the back side of Cordura but not as well.  If I use Cordura I need to also clip it in place and sew it quickly.  I often make straps using one layer of canvas and the other of Cordura, with each folded in to the middle (so a 2" wide strip becomes 1").  I have to clip the Cordura every 5-6 inches or the tape lets go before I can sew it.

I've also tried the tapes from JT's Outdoor Fabrics and Pacanna (both here in Canada) and the Wawak tape is the best of them I've found.

This tape is not gummy compared to other tapes I've used.  I've never used it for sewing so I can't give advice on that.  With free shipping, it may be worth trying.

https://www.rmleathersupply.com/collections/supplies/products/jaeger-double-sided-assembly-tape?variant=15442027610221

Thanks, fellas. Appreciate the input.

I'm going to try both the Wawak and RML tapes. I'm up in TGWN and don't get the free shipping from RML but I'm pretty sure I can talk myself into a few other things from them to make it worthwhile. LOL

Thanks again,

Arturo