cardinal leather

Looking for Leather Crafters and Saddlers Journal magazines

My collection starts with volume 2 #1 1957, does anyone know if there was a volume 1 from 1956?

Edited by Northmount
Added magazine name to the title

Sorry, Leather Crafters and Saddlers Journal and all prior configurations of the same? My wife said I don't need to ask for playboy, I'm already a playboy.

Leather Crafters has a large inventory of back issues.  Hell, they even have center folds too!!

leather crafters has nothing going back that far

I checked my collection of magazines, but mine only go back as far as 1960.Damn, stuff was cheap back then . 

6 hours ago, MikeRock said:

Leather Crafters has a large inventory of back issues.  Hell, they even have center folds too!!

What of, a hand bag??   "Wow!! look at the pair of brass 'D' rings  on that !!" 

Ahem. Sorry .

HS 

I have issues back to 94. 

Have you gone through all of ebay? I see a lot there, subscribe and maybe a gem will show up sooner or later.

I just got my first issue of the current one in the mail. Man, how confident do you have to be to advertise your holsters or bags in there? Prob. hundreds of experts still get this magazine. 

Yes...starts at Nov/Dec 1956 Vol 1/1..

Actually proceeded by newsletter style publications (Tandy's  "Leathercraft News) ...not sure how far back they went... I'll have to check.. 

I have a few of these plus every magazine 1956 to current day.. (LC, C, MIWL, etc)

Link to a page I found - thought I was a bit of an overboard completist .. but there yah go...

http://www.somethingunderthebed.com/CURTAIN/REVIEWSmags/LeatherCraftsman.html

that is an excellent page i will spend some time reviewing it. now that i see the copy i do have a couple of those magazine so must of misread the date. I also have a number of the news style publications mine start sometime in 55 i think i haven't had them out for awhile. that old paper if pretty fragile and not sure on the best way to restore them yet.