There is also the issue of the EXIF Data that identifies a photo. If during the resizing process you maintain the EXIF data, the server will think it is the same file. But, the previous advice is a great tip. It is in effect clearing the upload cache.

If you are running Windows, you will have Microsoft Paint. Right-click on the photo, and you'll get a popup that includes 'the option 'Open with'. Click on that, and select Paint.

When the photo opens in Paint, the tool bar at the top includes a 'resize' option. Click on that, select 'pixels' and enter a figure of around 500 for the horizontal dimension. The vertical dimension will resize automatically to keep the picture in correct proportion.

If you want to save the original non-resized picture, select 'save as' from the menu bar, and give the resized photo a new name.

If I'm dealing with a cell phone picture, I e-mail it to my desktop computer. When I attach it to the e-mail, it gives me the option to resize it.

Did you get your Singer at the Auction?   I looked it over and watched it sell, mainly over curiosity.   Looks like it went for a total of $1320 w/buyer's premium?    Overall I think that was pretty reasonable for what looked like a good clean machine.

Unfortunately highpower I got out bid on the old 97-10, I was doing it from my phone and didn’t refresh it in time but I was in it down to the wire. I did however buy quite a bit of other stuff