Wyowally

Adler 30-1 assembly questions

I acquired an Adler 30-1 in rough shape. Got the needle head rebuilt almost. In the picture: little trapezoid pieces just below the bobbin - where do they go? Two pairs of tensioner discs - slightly different, which is which? Black fiber rubbery washer, where to? Tried to find videos and parts books that would illustrate tensioner, needlebar, etc., not much help out there. This has been worked on by several over the years, found one part with "Simanco" markings even. All advice appreciated!

adlerparts (3).jpg

I'm pretty sure Bubba worked on this several times. Check out that lower tensioner! That's where the black washer came from between a hardware store nut and a larger rusty nut for a spacer - no spring. He just used the discs as a wheel to feed the upper tension.

adler_start (2).jpg

4 hours ago, Constabulary said:

the 2 shown parts (the ones with arrow) do not belong to an Adler class 30 machine.

I think they just fell out of the needle clamp area when I removed both screws. I think someone  (Bubba?)  was trying to adjust the needle back-and-forth or left-right without knowing the right way. Made me smile! Thanks for the confirmation!