Norwegian

110WSV7 and 110W124

Bought 2 "110" machines for 10 bucks.. A "110WSV7" and a "110W124"

Does anyone have any information about the more unusual "110WSV7" model? 

They are both in bad shape, they don't turn (I'm not sure why yet. The roller feed on the SV7 doesn't move, but the hook does) and are missing parts. Am I wasting time trying to get them up and running again? Can I find parts, and where might I find parts? Have spent some time on google, ebay, and some online sewing shops, but haven't found much..  I have the parts- and user manual, but haven't seen a complete machine in "real life", so I'm kind of unsure about what each machine is missing since there seems to be some differences among the different 110 models. Thankful for any info and help!

242357838_401737507976369_7338350149179259463_n.jpg

255433573_958002081730964_129544430969186402_n.jpg

255803334_920421045272318_1768881641114863070_n.jpg

255201341_320019616329199_2598114369143422027_n.jpg

255328877_273728701209246_8452900456776183798_n.jpg

Norwegian, I can't help you with details on the machines, other than to tell you SV machines are extremely difficult to find information on. Manuals are virtually non-existent, except in rare cases. They are generally considered to be Special Versions/Special Variation (?) of a particular standard machine in that class. The trick is often figuring out which particular model they relate to. It is also often difficult to find out in what way they are different.

The only way I can suggest is to try and identify any models in that class that look the same, try and find a parts manual and see if any of the parts appear to match what's already there. I did that once when I had one and identified an identical standard model, the parts numbers on mine were different but visually they all appeared to be the same in both machines. I never did figure out what made mine an SV model. One possibility, I suppose, is that the SV came first and then went into production as a standard model. Who knows?:dunno:

I don't know the difference either. Beside what dikman said the SV model sometimes is a standard model with just different accessories. The 110 is a machine with very short stitch length. Usually they have 3 preset stitch length that change by shifting gears on the left side of the machines. So a different (maybe longer than standard) stitch length could be but who knows.

Keep us updated with your projects.

9 hours ago, dikman said:

Norwegian, I can't help you with details on the machines, other than to tell you SV machines are extremely difficult to find information on. Manuals are virtually non-existent, except in rare cases. They are generally considered to be Special Versions/Special Variation (?) of a particular standard machine in that class. The trick is often figuring out which particular model they relate to. It is also often difficult to find out in what way they are different.

The only way I can suggest is to try and identify any models in that class that look the same, try and find a parts manual and see if any of the parts appear to match what's already there. I did that once when I had one and identified an identical standard model, the parts numbers on mine were different but visually they all appeared to be the same in both machines. I never did figure out what made mine an SV model. One possibility, I suppose, is that the SV came first and then went into production as a standard model. Who knows?:dunno:

8 hours ago, Constabulary said:

I don't know the difference either. Beside what dikman said the SV model sometimes is a standard model with just different accessories. The 110 is a machine with very short stitch length. Usually they have 3 preset stitch length that change by shifting gears on the left side of the machines. So a different (maybe longer than standard) stitch length could be but who knows.

Keep us updated with your projects.

Thank you!

The WSV7 is finally up and running! I have not found any difference between this and the W124, it has the same gears, same needle travel, etc.. Possibly something was done/changed/removed before I got the machines.. 

20220221_150836.jpg

looks good.  Nice job.