Rossr

Stimpson setter? A780

Ok I have a whatsit...Stimpson K on one side , A 780 on the other .  1/4inch hole through it.  

I assume it's a setter and maybe the bottom die is mia? 

Thoughts?

20211111_184922.jpg

20211111_184914.jpg

20211111_185007.jpg

20211111_184942.jpg

I'm going to agree with you there, oval grommet setter missing the bottom anvil.  But I've been wrong before.  The hole in the side is reminiscent of a rivet setter, which doesn't match the oval, so yeah, good mystery!

YinTx

On 11/11/2021 at 11:31 PM, YinTx said:

I'm going to agree with you there, oval grommet setter missing the bottom anvil.  But I've been wrong before.  The hole in the side is reminiscent of a rivet setter, which doesn't match the oval, so yeah, good mystery!

YinTx

So far I've turned nothing up in my searching

Well I had the bottom part as well it turns out.   I just didn't realize it at the time.  I cleaned it up and painted it.  Bottom says stimpson k and A 780 and a set screw holds it in the base.  I suspect it's a white elephant without  corresponding matching hardware.  But nice to know it's complete at least. 

20220222_153128.jpg

20220222_153139.jpg

20220222_153150.jpg

20220222_153208.jpg

20220222_153217.jpg

My Google-fu is working pretty good today.  It is indeed an oval eyelet setter.  I couldn't find the setter, but see here, page 45, for the eyelet.

This PDF, page 2, shows some uses for their eyelets, including the oval one on the purse.

Edited by FishEggStew

5 hours ago, FishEggStew said:

My Google-fu is working pretty good today.  It is indeed an oval eyelet setter.  I couldn't find the setter, but see here, page 45, for the eyelet.

This PDF, page 2, shows some uses for their eyelets, including the oval one on the purse.

How about that Thanka for the finding that!