ddiuni

How to connect thread to 91k5, 91k6

Hello.
This time, I got the Singer sewing machine 91k6.
The question is I don't know how to connect the threads.
First, I connected the thread to the lower post. (I don't know if I connected it properly.)
Then I connected the thread to the upper needle bar. (When viewed from the front, the thread came out from the back to the front.)
And when I sew, only the upper thread is sewn and the lower thread is not pulled up at all.
what kind of problem...
If anyone knows how to connect the threads, please let me know.

Edited by ddiuni

You never mentioned passing the thread through the take-up lever. That lever is what pulls up the bobbin thread.

Can you take a small resolution picture of the thread path from the post on top, on down? We can see what you missed. But, I am fairly certain you forgot to thread through the take-up lever.

The thread is connected to the lower bar.
I wrote down the numbers in order.
Please tell me what's wrong

91k6 실 연결 상태.jpg

Edited by ddiuni

1 hour ago, Wizcrafts said:

실채기를 통해 실을 통과시키는 것에 대해 언급한 적이 없습니다. 그 레버는 밑실을 당기는 것입니다.

포스트 위에서 아래로 스레드 경로의 작은 해상도 사진을 찍을 수 있습니까? 우리는 당신이 놓친 것을 볼 수 있습니다. 그러나 나는 당신이 테이크업 레버를 통과하는 것을 잊었다고 확신합니다.

The thread is connected to the lower bar.
I wrote down the numbers in order.
Please tell me what's wrong

91k6 실 연결 상태.jpg

다시 순서대로 놓습니다. 무슨 일인지 알려주세요

91k6 전체 실궤는 사진.png

6 hours ago, ddiuni said:

Then I connected the thread to the upper needle bar. (When viewed from the front, the thread came out from the back to the front.)
And when I sew, only the upper thread is sewn and the lower thread is not pulled up at all

That is I think the first problem. The thread in the video that you have asked questions on before shows that at 40 seconds in that the thread comes from the front and goes to the back. In picture 11 above the long slot of the needle is facing the front as it should and and therefore that is the way the thread should follow down for it to be able to form a loop in the scarf on the back side of the needle. In picture 12 it shows the thread is coming as you said from the back which is wrong. XXXXXX

1시간 전 RockyAussie는 다음과 같이 말했습니다.

단서라고 생각합니다. 이전에 질문이 시샤하는 바가. 11에서 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 넘게 달려 가게되는 11 번 째 궁에서 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 넘어가는 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌 훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌훌. 그림 12에서 당신이 보고 있다는 사실을 알려줍니다. 것입니다. XXXXXX

Number 17 is the scarf at the back.
You say to connect the thread like number 17 in the photo.
But even if I connect it like No. 17 and lower the presser foot and sew it, it is not sewing at all.

빈 문서 3_m001.png

I do not know this machine myself. This video that you may not have seen does look to be a similar type and in the comments section below it they have answered someone as to what needle type they use. You may be able to contact them.

If you could take some pictures showing the thread path in the top of the machine may help. It may also be out of timing and normally you can see this by Watching where the scarf of the needle is when the hook is passing the needle. The eye of the needle should be 1 to 2mm below where the hook is passing the needle. If this is not the case then the hook has to be adjusted around. The hook in your pictures does look very worn down.

7 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

이 기계는 저도 모릅니다. 당신이 보지 못했을 수도 있는 이 비디오는 비슷한 유형으로 보이며 그 아래의 댓글 섹션에서 그들이 사용하는 바늘 유형에 대해 누군가에게 답변했습니다. 그들에게 연락할 수도 있습니다.

기계 상단의 실 경로를 보여주는 사진을 찍을 수 있다면 도움이 될 것입니다. 또한 타이밍이 맞지 않을 수도 있으며 일반적으로 후크가 바늘을 통과할 때 바늘의 스카프가 있는 위치를 보면 알 수 있습니다. 바늘의 눈은 바늘이 바늘을 통과하는 위치보다 1~2mm 아래에 있어야 합니다. 그렇지 않은 경우 후크를 조정해야 합니다. 사진의 후크가 많이 닳아 보입니다.

I haven't sewn it yet.
A little later....
Let's test by adjusting the height of the needle bar slightly, or by adjusting the height of the needle slightly.

There is no manual, and I have no idea why sewing is not working. This is a special glove sewing machine. Even if you look at the YouTube video, the video is blurry and you can't tell because it doesn't come out properly.

13 hours ago, ddiuni said:

There is no manual, and I have no idea why sewing is not working.

These are the main causes of a failure to sew:

• The top thread is not going through the top tensioner, the check spring, all thread guides and especially - the take-up lever.
  • If the top thread doesn't go through the take-up lever you cannot pull up a stitch.
  • Make sure the needle is threaded from the rib side to the scarf side.
  • The needle isn't aligned so the scarf faces the hook. Identify where the point of the hook is and aim the scarf in the needle to face it.
  • The hook to needle timing is out. The hook is usually timed to intersect the needle after it has lifted from bottom dead center about 3/32 inch, at 1/16 inch above the top of  the eye. If the top thread path is correct, there will be a nice loop formed at pick-off time.
  • The bottom thread isn't set right. Your machine is much different than any other I've ever seen. If the bottom thread missed going through or around some moving part the top thread can't pick it up on the upstroke. Since your machine's bobbin, or bottom thread is far below the usual location, it must rely upon coming up to the top, then feeding inside a revolving shuttle that has a tension spring, then out of that spring.

59 minutes ago, Wizcrafts said:

• 스카프가 후크를 향하도록 바늘이 정렬되지 않았습니다. 고리의 끝이 어디인지 확인하고 스카프가 바늘을 향하도록 합니다.

Let's check them one by one.
Today, I accidentally changed my mind and changed the position of the needle.
I put the needle so that the scarf is on the right side so that the thread goes from left to right.
Then, it becomes sewing, but the upper thread clumps toward the lower thread.
(For 91k5,6, the needle must be inserted so that the groove is on the left and the scarf is on the right. Is that correct?)
Maybe the timing isn't right.
Let's do it slowly, one by one, as described.

2 hours ago, ddiuni said:

Then, it becomes sewing, but the upper thread clumps toward the lower thread.

Show a picture please. It may be just needing tighter top tension or it may be too tight down below for some reason.

On 2021. 11. 17. at 오전 11시 24분, RockyAussie said:

사진을 보여주세요. 상단 장력이 더 필요하거나 어떤 이유로 아래가 너무 조일 수 있습니다.

91k5 점검사진 전체001.png

The photos from #13 are photos taken with the thread slightly pulled upwards.
Seeing that the upper thread clumps at the bottom, something is wrong, but I don't know where it is.

91k5 점검사진 전체002.png

I have yet to single a photo of the top of the machine where the top tension and take-up mechanism resides. A thousand photos of the needle and throat plate won't help if there is something wrong up above them on top of the head. Let's see how the machine is threaded ON TOP. I mean, the top of the machine, where the top thread goes through tensioners, springs and guides, then through the take-up lever. Show us those areas, please.

Pictures are very blurry and hard to make out. I can not see a thread return spring nor a thread take up lever. From the angle of the last photo above could you take a picture with the needle down then one with the needle 1/2 way up? Do not reduce the photo size quite so much.

No take-up lever!

The tension control of the circle part was not tight, so I removed it again, fixed it, and then sewed it again, and the sewing worked well.
However, the size of the photo only increases by about 1.4M.
First of all, I adjusted the tension control part of the circled part in the picture I uploaded, and it is sewn. Sewn limbs will be posted in the next post. However, if you look at the picture, the stitch itself is forming a thread on the lower thread. Is the original 91k5 and 6 sewn in the shape of a string at the bottom? The top is very well stitched.

빈 문서 6001.png

Now I'm wondering if this machine actually has a take-up lever as I know them?

The sewing on the lower thread worked well.
However, it is not flat, and 91k5 and 6 are stitched like this, so can they be sewn?

빈 문서 6003.png

4 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

사진이 매우 흐릿하고 식별하기 어렵습니다. 실 복귀 스프링과 실채기가 보이지 않습니다. 위의 마지막 사진 각도에서 바늘을 아래로 한 다음 바늘을 1/2 위로 올린 상태에서 사진을 찍을 수 있습니까? 사진 크기를 너무 많이 줄이지 마십시오.

I adjusted the tension first, and the sewing works well.
I can't upload only blurry due to photo size limit
I'll re-upload it one by one.

However, if you see the upper thread and the lower thread are sewn on the lower side, a thread is formed and it is sewn. I don't know if it's like this in the first place. I don't know if this is the characteristic of sewing 5 and 6 of 91k.

빈 문서 6004.png

빈 문서 6005.png

빈 문서 6006.png