brocken

241-13 industrial singer stitch regulator jammed

If only I could know how it changes the stitch length I might be able to un-jam it. It was working when I got it but I think I pushed it too far into long stitch and the needle position controller ( up or down ) must have added an extra twist. I have applied heat and tried many types of bolt loosening solutions. It will sew in long stitch and by loosening the gear on the shaft located to the same side of the wheel you can move the rachet wheel to small or long stitch. The rachet wheel must control how far a screwing mechanism can go ......and that must be what controls the stitch length ? ......like a bolt that it made too tight it must be jammed in either long stitch or short stitch ? I dont want to apply a lot of force to the wheel , since I tried that and broke the plunger that controls the stitch length.....perhaps I turned the wheel the wrong way ?....I now have a new plunger.....

can any one advise me....

Finally...solved 

1-Determined that the stitch regulator was jammed in short stitch. (Very important) I first turned the wheel the wrong way and broke the pin that goes down to lock the stitch regulator.

2-Attached a automobile oil filter clamp on the wheel. (needed to do this to get a good grip on the wheel.)

3-forced the wheel down and towards me while pressing the stitch regulator

button.

4-voila...yay.....heard a pop and all is well again. I had tried every other way ..applying heat, rust and locked nut solutions, oils etc.