Sheilajeanne

Flooding in BC and Washington State

Just a shoutout to those of you affected by this. The pictures I've seen from B.C. boggle my mind. Many areas a totally cut off due to roads being washed out or buried by mudslides and blocked with fallen trees.

Both the Trans Canada and the Coquihalla highways have huge sections of them washed away. Rail lines have been destroyed, too. Over 300 motorists had to be evacuated by helicopter from one section of highway. And remember, this is the Rocky Mountains - there aren't a lot of alternate routes available!!

THIS is Hwy # 1, the Trans Canada, near Lytton, B.C.  It's going to take months to fix this:

Next picture is the town of Abbotsford, which is right next to Vancouver. Both Abbotsford and Merritt are under evacuation orders:

The video shows the damage to the Coquihalla highway, the other major highway serving the area:

https://globalnews.ca/video/8378266/b-c-s-coquihalla-highway-seen-from-the-air-shows-extent-of-the-damage

I haven't seen pictures from Washington, but I understand it's really bad there, too!

:(

Anyway, if you're the praying sort, these people could use a few! 

Trans canada Lytton.jpg

Abbotsford HWy 1.jpg

Edited by Sheilajeanne