Very nice! I always loved that white spot on those.

Nice indeed.

Thanks guys.!

that is outstanding work and beautiful leather to boot.

Looks great!

Again thanks guys. The guy I’m building for lives on the other side of Texas and I’ve been doing a lot of work for his wounded Warriors program he runs. I’ve been building holsters with nothing but a paper tracing to work with. So far everything has fit like a glove. 10 more to go…. Hope my lucky streak continues. Mailing back and forth is a pain. 

Great looking holster love the sting ray but have only worked with embossed stingray so far. I hear that the real stingray skin is tough to cut and stab. Any pointers you could give as to how it is to work with compared to cow or other such mammel hides? And i see you said you work with alot of just paper tracings of the firearms? I always try to get a prop of pistol im building for but some models just aint made or easy to find. So with the semi auto's since there mostly more of a standard squarer shape i have gotten customers to send me a close tracing as well as look around online for dimensions of said pistol. Or get customer to take a few measurements and right them on tracing. And ive made several props from 2x lumber or have even done a couple with lamented stacked cardboard. These rough props want give you a boned in tight molded holster but can take some guess work out and works fine for regular fitted holsters. Thought i would mention that maybe it will help it has helped me several times. This is how i do my mag props as well if possible i get customer to send me a mag and make wood props that work just fine and i dont have to buy a bunch of mag props for 20 to 30 dollars each.

That’s exactly what I do. I use 1” plywood and with the tracing, widest measurements on the gun, and a picture I 3-D print it with a jig saw and chisel. I don’t go real fancy. I got a little trick I use in case the gun is loose fitting. Fake (decretive) stitch grooves that I stitch. Guns to loose, pull the stitches on the fake stitch’s not carrying a load, restitch this time going all the way thru to the back taking up an I/8. Do both sides you just got 1/4 of a$& saving holster shrinkage. Not a tear apart. Had to use that safety stitch on this turtle holster. My only send back. Man never could tell how i fixed it. Stingray your gonna have to sand edges and pre punch. My machines have no problem with it, but I still prefer punch. It’s tuff enough to flex needles striking needle plates and breaking 

2F48A5AB-C8C4-45F4-9B03-0FE103871F51.jpeg

7DA616FE-BF53-44D8-B28F-94A297C3E53F.jpeg

Very nice indeed. The white stitching sure compliments the white spot. Real clean look. Excellent!

2 hours ago, PocoOso said:

Very nice indeed. The white stitching sure compliments the white spot. Real clean look. Excellent!

Thanks man.