Just wanted to drop a "Thank You" to all who encouraged me to not give up on basket weaving . . . 

I bought a couple of stamps . . . been messing with it . . . and had a lady come in looking for a belt for her hubby for anniversary.

She gave me full reign to do it "my" way . . . just so it was the right color, size, and had his name on it.

Well . . . it will never win a show prize . . . but she got his belt . . . or at least will get it when she picks it up.

Thanks again . . . have a Happy Thanksgiving . . . may God bless,

Dwight

mikes belt.jpg

Very nice indeed! perfect spacing on the edges i can never get that right. 

Nothing wrong with that basket weave:thumbsup:

Ain't nuttin wrong wit dat!  Came out alright, if I do say so.

YinTx

That's a first class job Dwight as with all the work I see  you do. I'm sure they are going to love that. Thanks for showing.

Nice job!  Reminds me of a saying an old Broadcast Law professor used to use.  "Everything's easy when you know how."  Gaining the know-how is difficult many times, but once you've got it, the sky's the limit.  Jeff over at Grey Ghost Graphics has a tutorial that I found very helpful years ago.  Here's a link to it that y'all might find handy.  https://greyghostgraphics.com/leather-working-tutorials/

37 minutes ago, BruceGibson said:

Nice job!  Reminds me of a saying an old Broadcast Law professor used to use.  "Everything's easy when you know how."  Gaining the know-how is difficult many times, but once you've got it, the sky's the limit.  Jeff over at Grey Ghost Graphics has a tutorial that I found very helpful years ago.  Here's a link to it that y'all might find handy.  https://greyghostgraphics.com/leather-working-tutorials/

Thanks, Bruce, . . . knowledge is one of those fun things you can give and give and give . . . and still have your tank full.

Looks like a link I may spend some time with...........

May God bless,

Dwight

Nice Job.   I wish my basket weaves turned out as straight as yours