A friend's girlfriend has a similar purse . . . it is where I got the idea.

This is basically 6 inches by 8 inches . . . 

Built to hold a cell phone, keys, driver's license, and a credit card . . . 

Perfect to go shopping at Wally World.

Seriously . . . what do you think of the concept?  My buddy's girlfriend loves her little bag . . . it's made of canvas with a zipper on top . . . I had trouble with the zipper . . . so I sliced it off and put on a flap with a magnetic catch.

Gonna give it to a friend's wife . . . let her put it thru it's paces . . . get some feedback from another user.

Also had some issues with the sewing machine . . . looking to replace that thing fairly soon.

Anyway . . . send me your comments . . . good, bad, or ugly . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

walmart purse.jpg

I like and i think a lot of folk will too. Minimalist and something. easy and light to carry.

22 minutes ago, Hardrada said:

Those.... unfinished... edges.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:head_hurts_kr::head_hurts_kr:

Funky tanned leather . . . cut it even is best anyone can do . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

Turning it inside out would hide the seam and the machine issue...

Actually Cattledude . . . that was the original intention.  I just had a scrap of leather from some long ago project . . . nice and smooth on the hair side . . . this is the flesh side.

It's a prototype . . . kinda playing with the design . . . actually did go back and pull that 207 thread . . . put 346 in its place . . .  it looks a huge bunch better.

I have some thinner leather I might do that with at least once . . . the original I saw was canvas . . . sewn and turned inside out.

Just playin for now . . . see where it goes.

Keep up the comments guys.

May God bless,

Dwight

I made a few items like this.  I think I have 3 or 4, they haven't sold, even for really cheap.  Let me know how it goes for you!

YinTx

I've made two for my wife, at her request. (Actually, she requested one, then she said, "you know what you can change?")

She loves them for when we're traveling and she just needs her ID, maybe keys a few bucks and credit card, and her LCP and spare mag. I made an insert for the back pocket to keep the cash and cards contained.

I can send you some pics of what I did if you're interested.

Jeff

4 hours ago, alpha2 said:

I can send you some pics of what I did if you're interested.

I would be interested, might enlighten me on what folks don't like about my version!

YinTx

This is the second one, let me see if I can get a couple pics of the first one.

jenny20interior.jpgjenny20back.jpgjennybag20front.jpg..jpg

Edited by alpha2

First attempt. The backside of the body stitching got a little wonky. Learning experience! The main difference between this one, and the second, is the dimensions. Couple of other details.

IMG_2024.JPG

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2022.JPG

On 11/29/2021 at 9:59 AM, alpha2 said:

First attempt. The backside of the body stitching got a little wonky. Learning experience! The main difference between this one, and the second, is the dimensions. Couple of other details.

IMG_2024.JPG

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2022.JPG

The one I made is just one piece of leather . . .  folded  . . . sewn at the edges . . . and a top flap folding over . . . held by a magnetic catch.

Keys . . . credit card . . . phone . . . ID . . . is about all that can go in it.  The lady I gave it to for product testing really liked the concept . . . but she is one of those "down to earth" southern gals who doesn't fool with frills . . . and doesn't yet pack heat.

I'll be setting still on this whole thing until I get a couple more out there for product testing.  But it is encouraging so far.

May God bless,

Dwight

8 hours ago, Dwight said:

The one I made is just one piece of leather . . .  folded  . . . sewn at the edges . . . and a top flap folding over . . . held by a magnetic catch.

Keys . . . credit card . . . phone . . . ID . . . is about all that can go in it.  The lady I gave it to for product testing really liked the concept . . . but she is one of those "down to earth" southern gals who doesn't fool with frills . . . and doesn't yet pack heat.

I'll be setting still on this whole thing until I get a couple more out there for product testing.  But it is encouraging so far.

May God bless,

Dwight

throw some fringe on the bottom and you could sell em all day long at Cheyenne frontier days. Very western look imo.

After making both of mine, I can see the benefit of one piece, folded! 

On 11/26/2021 at 10:33 PM, Dwight said:

A friend's girlfriend has a similar purse . . . it is where I got the idea.

This is basically 6 inches by 8 inches . . . 

Built to hold a cell phone, keys, driver's license, and a credit card . . . 

Perfect to go shopping at Wally World.

Seriously . . . what do you think of the concept?  My buddy's girlfriend loves her little bag . . . it's made of canvas with a zipper on top . . . I had trouble with the zipper . . . so I sliced it off and put on a flap with a magnetic catch.

Gonna give it to a friend's wife . . . let her put it thru it's paces . . . get some feedback from another user.

Also had some issues with the sewing machine . . . looking to replace that thing fairly soon.

Anyway . . . send me your comments . . . good, bad, or ugly . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

walmart purse.jpg

Do youi have any brown thread and something to slick then edges a little bit?

i had a woman school me on purses.  she told me that if she wanted to dump everything in a bag she would just use a paper bag. and then dump it out when she wanted something.  they want pockets and dividers  

I love the leather, looks soft

Edited by Frodo