Sign in to follow this  
TheDavidLeathermanShow

Suppliers in ohio

Hello my fellow leatherworkers,

Living here in rural ohio there’s not many options for suppliers other than Tandy (2 hour drive) and weavers ( 1.5 hour drive) to obtain materials. The Tandy I go to up in the Cleveland area has drastically dwindled down    
their stock compared to a couple years ago.

I was wondering if anyone here on the forum may know of some suppliers in ohio that aren’t as mainstream as Tandy or weavers. There’s a lot of Amish villages within a couple hours from where I live, perhaps maybe some small leather suppliers within the Amish communities? Just a thought but any input is greatly appreciated !

thanks

Ohio Travel Bag is located up in Cleveland: https://ohiotravelbag.com/

According to Wickett & Craig's website, they list Coblentz Leather in Millersburg as one of their distributors.

Hey billy thank you for the input.

What your opinion on the Wickett & Craig veg tan ?

ive only worked with veg tan from Tandy, quality is hit an miss. Now that I’m investing serious $$$ into equipment, I’d like to work with some better quality leather. I’m not saying I want imported best of the best leather , just something a little better than what Tandy has to offer.

Wickett & Craig is very good leather.   They are one of two remaining major tanneries producing veg tan in the US, with the other being Hermann Oak.  I have only used their English Bridle, but their russet veg tan is highly regarded.  Some like the way that Hermann Oak tools a bit better, but both are highly regarded.

- Bill