toxo

Snaps with a good back?

Does anyone make snaps with a domed bottom for when the underside is seen?

I have a small snap anvil that is convex which will dome the backside.  I bought it at Tandy years ago.  Left domed right flat.

unnamed (1).jpg

Thanks guys but my bases are not as nice as those Mike and I've just realised that I don't have the caps for the nickel ones. Just ordered some smaller ones and the missing caps. Was just trying to avoid using Sam Brown studs but for this project the studs will be the way to go.

I've never found any of what you want. 

What I've done is to super-glue the cap part of a ready-rivet on to the popper back plate. The short stem of the rivet cap fits well into the hole on the popper base

1 hour ago, fredk said:

What I've done is to super-glue the cap part of a ready-rivet on to the popper back plate. The short stem of the rivet cap fits well into the hole on the popper base

I did think of something like that Fred , How did they hold up?

I'll see what the smaller snaps look like when they arrive. Don't like Sam Browns much but my clicker die punches out the hole with the slit.

Edited by toxo

22 minutes ago, toxo said:

. . .  How did they hold up?

They've held up very well indeed. If you fit the rivet cap down tight there is no stress on the glued joint. Even if you try to get the rivet cap off you need to wreck the popper. btw, I used super-glue gel which fills gaps better

On this shield guige strap the poppers are on the tan part. I hid the base with rivet heads. I did this on all the shields I made and nary a one ever came off even though those shields were used in 'battle'

shield, #1, 03LWs.jpg

12 hours ago, toxo said:

Just quoting to get your attention; How many, what size and what colour of snap / popper do you need? If its only a couple or few, I may be able to sort out some from my stock, with rivet caps to match and send them to you. FOC

11 hours ago, fredk said:

Just quoting to get your attention; How many, what size and what colour of snap / popper do you need? If its only a couple or few, I may be able to sort out some from my stock, with rivet caps to match and send them to you. FOC

Thank you Fred for the offer but I have some on way from Batchelors in London. 

It's people like you that keeps me monitoring this forum. 

Batchelors came through. The snaps are a smaller size and to get a cap in the bottom is very tight. I'll have to use a copper rivet type punch with the hole in it over the post to get it in. If it goes I don't think I'll be needing glue.

IMG_20211208_171532__01.jpg

On 12/7/2021 at 2:46 PM, toxo said:

Hi Toxo...Yes....Here in Spain there is a well known maker called Waldes...yes the Koh-i-noor one....the lady with the button on her eye logo... They have been in Barcelona since 1928 i think and are still making snaps, rivets etc but they only sell boxes of Min 1000, I use them but don´t think i have any capped posts, i will have a look. You can download their catalouge from their website. For example a box of 8100/5 14mm diameter is approx....€42-46 and the 8020 the same...add Vat, postage etc..:thumbsup:

385905385_Pginasdesdecatalogo_broches.thumb.jpg.132d4eabb5d7483971f1b5aabf5aa706.jpg

Edited by jimi

On 12/7/2021 at 11:41 PM, fredk said:

Check out Waldes fredK!!:thumbsup:

On 12/7/2021 at 2:46 PM, toxo said:

Sorry, just as i thought, none in my lot here i am afraid toxo.