Meandmy1963

Soldering iron tips for creasing

So I have a cheaper model Weller soldering iron that has interchangeable tips. I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck finding decorative creasing tips (similar to those expensive Regard creasers) that fit. I've looked around and it's difficult to find any tips that seem like they would fit. I think I've seen some people have found tips that will fit into those super cheap soldering pens. But those have terrible controls or none at all. Regular soldering temperature is way too high, so even on my adjustable iron I might need to ad a dimmer switch or something. Anyways, if anyone has had any luck doing this as a cheaper alternative to the very expensive electric edge creasers, please share with us what you have found. I just bought some inexpensive creasing irons that I'll need to heat up with a spirit lamp. Which is fine for now, but the electric creaser option seems to be the best. If I can find a cheaper alternative, that would be great since they are quite pricey. Thanks

I don't know whether you saw this other thread but it might be helpful.  I'm interested too.  I don't know how much success folks have had with typical soldering irons.  Certainly adding a rheostat would be helpful.

The only tips I saw that MIGHT fit, were some cheap tips from China on eBay. Might be worth the buy just to see and share with everyone if it will work. On my soldering iron, I just need a tip with a certain size cylindrical fitting, which is usually an unspecified diameter. Which makes finding what I'm looking for more difficult. I can't remember the exact size off the top of my head.

Similar to what's in this photo, but a different size. I just have the feeling that a cheapo iron like this won't work well or last very long

il_794xN.3340741487_52ir.jpg