aslfkjaslfkjasflkj

Backlash issue with Juki 1541 & bonded thread

Good day

I would suggest you always use the bobbins disc type backlash spring, and the better you are with sew speed the more it is critical. 
In your beginning post photo, “ turn over” the backlash spring; the bent tab Up, needs to be bobbin side. It may be one of those Oh S moments, or it usually is for me.
Everything else in threading is standard looking as the manual looks, holes in guides are your choice of usage, change one and you! Will likely have a different setting than others. So I run with a pattern on all 15 or 13 series as a standard, in thread guides. 
I really think you need the spring corrected 1st. & use it. 
on some older ones there are springs but i didnt know early on, and so heard a tip using a diy cut fabric to sit under the bobbin. Works perfect and its had hundreds of bobbins usage on that machine. Now that i mention it it will get jacked up :/

No matter! troubleshoot in a pattern, it cant be wrong; tech schools only teach that method because its proven in the efficiency realm, times money!

Good luck 

On 12/14/2021 at 10:38 AM, kgg said:

Since you are using the standard thread spool stand you need to get the spools as close to the table as possible and the spool stand arm 2 to 2 1/2 times the height above the thread spool bases or you don't allow the thread to properly untwist.

I will just add also that it appears in the first picture that the thread does NOT line up with the hole above in that stand. That will give you a slight loosen and tighten in your tension as the thread is pulled off of the spool. I think that your problem is the thread return spring is perhaps a little strong and could be adjusted off a little and I think it may behave better if you don't hook it in to the first holder just above the thread return spring.

On 12/15/2021 at 5:09 PM, brmax said:

Good day

I would suggest you always use the bobbins disc type backlash spring, and the better you are with sew speed the more it is critical. 
In your beginning post photo, “ turn over” the backlash spring; the bent tab Up, needs to be bobbin side. It may be one of those Oh S moments, or it usually is for me.
Everything else in threading is standard looking as the manual looks, holes in guides are your choice of usage, change one and you! Will likely have a different setting than others. So I run with a pattern on all 15 or 13 series as a standard, in thread guides. 
I really think you need the spring corrected 1st. & use it. 
on some older ones there are springs but i didnt know early on, and so heard a tip using a diy cut fabric to sit under the bobbin. Works perfect and its had hundreds of bobbins usage on that machine. Now that i mention it it will get jacked up :/

No matter! troubleshoot in a pattern, it cant be wrong; tech schools only teach that method because its proven in the efficiency realm, times money!

Good luck 

Hi, may bad for the slow response.

If you're referring to to the image in my very first post, this was just an issue from the internet. I did it have it inserted bobbin side. I bought a new bobbin case with the slots in for the backlash spring just haven't got round to testing it in my machine yet.

What is the "disc type backlash spring" is it the one in the previously mentioned image? Because I couldn't find the part number in the part book and after some digging I found a backlash spring which had the same part number minus the last digit. B1837241H0C is what I have.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:44 AM, RockyAussie said:

I will just add also that it appears in the first picture that the thread does NOT line up with the hole above in that stand. That will give you a slight loosen and tighten in your tension as the thread is pulled off of the spool. I think that your problem is the thread return spring is perhaps a little strong and could be adjusted off a little and I think it may behave better if you don't hook it in to the first holder just above the thread return spring.

You're correct it doesn't however this isn't any way adjust it so that the spool pin sections aligns with the hole. There is the hole to the left circled in the image below. This appears to be more central over the spool. My only concern with this is the fact that its just a metal edge which may cause some issues with the thread? It does feel smooth but obviously it isn't plastic lined as the circular hole.

5jr200R.jpg

This is how they say the bobbin should benever

image.jpg