Pierick

Consew 206RB-1. How to center the needle in the feed dog hole?

Hello,

I am following the video (parts 1 and 2) from YouTube about the Consew 206RB-5 maintenance to be sure my 206RB-1 is well prepared to sew because unfortunately very few video and documents are available about my model. I have to say I am a beginner and I have an awful lot to learn. 
At 27:00 in the video part 1, it is explained how to center the needle in the feed dog hole. Unfortunately, this doesn’t apply to my model. I checked if by any chance I could have this information via Uwe (who is impressive, thank you Uwe for all your amazing videos and contributions if you read this) video about the juki lu563 but it doesn’t apply to my 206RB-1 neither.

I wonder if someone could tell me how to do it and more generally I’d take any technical information about my machine and store it preciously in case I’d need it later. 
Yes, I am a beginner, but I think I fell in love with sewing machines and especially old ones. They are amazing. 
Another thing which is amazing is this website and all your contributions. A lot of you are amazing too! 
Thank you!!!

Pierick

I think I found how to reach the screw: instead of opening a door at the rear of the machine, it seems to be on the front aside the stitch length lever. 
edit: yes, I confirm this screw is the one allowing to move back and forth the needle bar to center the needle through the feed dog hole  

882D26FA-2416-4F35-952C-F4BED493F5AF.jpeg

Edited by Pierick

Pierick,  I am having the same problems with doing all the adjustments on a 206RB-1. Machine was sitting so long, had to do some removal of parts to clean it. And yes the RB-5 doesn’t have all the same components, making it difficult to service it correctly. Thanks for solving one of the things I needed to make an adjustment to.

Found this info, First link from Keystone Sewing is for a SEIKO version of a RB-5. Good info.

https://www.szwalnicze.com/cat_consew/consew_204_206_208.pdf

https://www.supsew.com/download/Consew/Consew 206RB Operating Instructions.pdf

On 12/12/2018 at 3:16 PM, Gregg From Keystone Sewing said:

The best book, and totally applies to the hook settings in every way, CLICK HERE

Here is the 206RB-1 book you are asking for as well, CLICK HERE

Edited by 64poncho

I just want you to be aware, that the center of the needle vary with size of needle, because the side of the needle facing the hook needs to be fixed in position. This picture illustrates this:

825980711_Needleholewithneedlesize.thumb.png.a561d1fbb3811586169923185dbc7899.png

Gymnast,  Thanks for that info. Never realized about the relationship of needle size to diameter. I thought it had more to do with the hole size that thread goes through. I guess it’s a combination of both.