tsunkasapa

What Are Ya Listenin' To?

1 hour ago, Handstitched said:

I have it on vinyl,  plus one other ( triple album) with full version of  Fanfare on it  ...somewhere.

Yes, I am part of the crowd on the triple. It was quite a concert.

I am currently going back to my youth and listening to a type of Prog Rock - Jazz that is often called 'The Canterbury Scene' as many of the bands originated from there in the  1960s & 70s. It includes Soft Machine; Hatfield And The North; Caravan; and others. Here's a taste --

Caravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink (Full Album) - YouTube

Hatfield and the North - Live at Rainbow Theatre, 1975 - YouTube

Soft Machine Alive in Paris 1970 - Out-Bloody-Rageous - YouTube

Edited by zuludog

Willies roadhouse on XM

Today it's some Big Brother and Janis. Back to my early high school days.

Edited by tsunkasapa

12 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

We went to see ELP when they did the tour that became the Welcome Back My Friends album....with "27 TONS OF EQUIPMENT". :rockon:

That was definitely a grand show!  I wasn't so much hearing the music as I was seeing the sound pierce my brain.  Loudest show I've ever seen.

11 minutes ago, TonyV said:

That was definitely a grand show!  I wasn't so much hearing the music as I was seeing the sound pierce my brain.  Loudest show I've ever seen.

I saw them in Frankfurt, and you?

21 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

one of my first concerts.

thenuge.JPG

Ted Nugent headlined my first rock concert around 1980 in Charleston, WV.  Opening acts were Krokus (awful) and Blackfoot (pretty good).  It was also the first time I ever smoked anything other than tobacco.  We realized just how loud the show was on the trip home when I asked my friend Russ to turn up the radio in his Horizon TC3 and we realized it was cranked - then realized that the windows were rolled down and  realized that we couldn't hear wind noise.     

I then saw Nugent again a few years later at a water park in Orlando.  The stage was set up at the end of the wave pool, so we watched from innertubes, so that was an experience.  We hadn't heard of the newly formed opening band - Guns N Roses.  It was quite a show!   Good times!

I'm really looking forward to live music again!

- Bill

3 minutes ago, billybopp said:

Ted Nugent headlined my first rock concert around 1980 in Charleston, WV.  Opening acts were Krokus (awful) and Blackfoot (pretty good).  It was also the first time I ever smoked anything other than tobacco.  We realized just how loud the show was on the trip home when I asked my friend Russ to turn up the radio in his Horizon TC3 and we realized it was cranked - then realized that the windows were rolled down and  realized that we couldn't hear wind noise.     

I then saw Nugent again a few years later at a water park in Orlando.  The stage was set up at the end of the wave pool, so we watched from innertubes, so that was an experience.  We hadn't heard of the newly formed opening band - Guns N Roses.  It was quite a show!   Good times!

I'm really looking forward to live music again!

- Bill

Rush played with him in 76. their 2112 album the lighting was beyond awesome!! Both were darn loud indeed!!!!  back then Denver was the closest place and it was a 250 mile drive. 

Kid has been out of school with an ear infection...so tons of Katy Perry.  I have had this stuck in my head for almost a week now:

On a post/space/prog or whatever rock bender....

Godspeed You! Black Emperor...Astra...

.. A Perfect Circle...Tool...

Which will arc back to Genesis (pre '77)..  Eno...Tull ..KC.. prog rock assortment.. hard rock classics 

Notably some music doesn't jibe well when cutting things - particularly with power tools!

Edited by gordond

Starting my day with one of my all time favorites.

8 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

Starting my day with one of my all time favorites.

i like that. good start indeed

I have been to quite a few concerts  a few stick out in my memory

We spent a week up in he mountains in California  and had a freaking blast.  as we were hiking out, we started seeing people, not one or two but groupps of 20 and 30,  then we started hearing music.  we hiked down to behind  back side of a Dave mason Elvin Bishop concert.  A week long party topped off by a free concert. EPIC

I saw Pink Floyd animals tour at soldiers field in Chicago. A huge pig float was Floating around in the air,  I asked my bud, Hey man, do you see a big pig floating around?  he said yes.  I said OK,,For a minute I thought i was freaking out.

years later I worked security for a few concerts UNTILL i met some B____ named Joan Jett.  LOL  I was back stage and had to take a leak, could not find a bathroom anywhere.  She walked into her dressing room as I was walking out of her bathroom. LOL  I got TOSSED/. fired.  CANNED..B---!!!

another epic event was the day I met BB King  i Was tending bar in a bar called Charles in Yazoo Ms.  Some dude walks in the Bar and asked if BB King could play that weekend for the door proceeds.  I said HELL YES,  then informed the Owner, She said I did good, Yadda yadda,  on Saturday night Mr King took a break, out behind the bar he was seated at a picnic table. We shared a joint and had a really good conversation about nothing important just 2 guys talking

My son and I saw BB about a year or so before he passed. Great musician and a class act. Glad I got to see him.

17 hours ago, gordond said:

Which will arc back to Genesis (pre '77)

Thats done it    :). I have all their early stuff on  (original vinyl)   & CD , and post Peter Gabriel , ' And Then There Were Three '  onwards. 

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

I saw Pink Floyd animals tour at soldiers field in Chicago. A huge pig float was Floating around in the air,

They played here in West Oz, great show,   but  the pig failed to 'fly' , it flopped...oops!  No  alcohol  was allowed in, but there was a LOT of  " I can't believe its not tobacco"  being smoked. One bloke behind me had at least 3....the smoke kept wafting under my nose.....so  I  enjoyed them  too .  :whistle:

HS

My musical tastes are a bit all over the map, but #1 on my list is definitely the Man In Black, Johnny Cash.

The first live concert I went to was the Monkees in Toronto.

Next was Johnny Cash in 1968. I also saw the Beach Boys a couple of times at the C.N.E. (Exhibition Stadium). 

Have also seen live performances by Ronnie Hawkins, Gordon Lightfoot, Pete Seeger and the Rolling Stones.

As for musical taste, after Cash, I like Kris Kristofferson, Roger Miller, Kenny Rogers, Glen Campbell, Statler Brothers, John Denver and Rosanne Cash.

For rock, I'll take the Beach Boys over the Beatles but also like the Stones, the Byrds, Moody Blues and Mamas and the Papas.

Folk - Lovin' Spoonful, Peter Paul and Mary, Bob Dylan, Pete Seeger, Joan Baez and Woody Guthrie. Arlo is okay, too.

Jazz - I think Louis Armstrong was one of the best to ever blow a horn. I had the D.J. play his version of Moon River as the final dance at my wedding  Also have a soft spot for Sammy Davis Jr, though not sure what category to put him in! He had SO many talents, and was definitely one of the top ten tap dancers of all time. The most jaw-dropping thing I've ever seen was a cancer-riddled Davis, unable to talk due to throat cancer and six months away from his death, getting up on the stage at his 60th anniversary tribute,  and doing at tap dance that would put just about anyone else to shame. Have a look at the video below, starting at 3:40:

Popular: Tom Jones still has the pipes at age 80. Have followed him since his earliest days. Also love some Dean Martin and some of the other great crooners like Neil Diamond, Tony Bennett, Sinatra. etc.

The ballad of Ed Cantrell, A new song that is about the county next door lol I remember this happening.   

Liquefy, Buckethead, Mastodon, Megadeth.... Dió. ... Puro pinche metálicos!!

On 12/19/2021 at 5:57 PM, Frodo said:

I saw Pink Floyd animals tour at soldiers field in Chicago. A huge pig float was Floating around in the air,  I asked my bud, Hey man, do you see a big pig floating around?  he said yes.  I said OK,,For a minute I thought i was freaking out.

I saw those pigs! They were floating out of giant mailboxes. Saw the tour in San Diego. They put on a good show. When doing leatherwork I'm often listening to a podcast (Sam Harris, Freakonomics, Philosophize This, Partially Examined Life). If we're talking concerts, these are the ones I remember. I wish I had kept better records, but I was distracted, and I've got ticket stubs so old all the writing is worn off and I can't tell who they were for!

Guns n Roses X2
Metallica
U2
NIN
Marilyn Manson
Pink Floyd
Grateful Dead (San Diego & Vegas)
Suicidal Tendencies x2
Megadeth
Alice Cooper
Lycia
Death in June
Boyd Rice
Tori Amos x5
Lorena Mckennit
Dead Can Dance
Crash Worship
Genitorturers
AMF
Switchblade Symphony
Psychotica
Sisters of Mercy
Tom Waits
Leonard Cohen
The Cure
Pantera
White Zombie
Deftones
Bob Dylan
Billy Joel
Paul Simon
KMFDM
Einsturzende Neubauten
Fear
Hate Department
Tool
Social Distortion x2
Rage Against the Machine
Cat Power
Faith No More
Tricky
Bad Religion
No Doubt
Unwritten Law
Green Day
Ghoulspoon
Hatehead
Psychic Zoo
Sprung Monkey
Deicide
Cancer
Conspiracy of Beards
Black Sabbath x2
Slayer x2
Soundgarden
Penis Flytrap x2

I listen to podcasts. Been a long time listener of the "let's read" horror podcast. Also the "brohio" podcast is a good one.

I’m hard rock, about 3 years ago I found a group called “Pretty Reckless” the lead singer is Taylor Mumson, she played Cindy Lou who in the grinch stole Christmas with Jim Carrey.

she is an a some singer

1 hour ago, Doc Reaper said:

I’m hard rock, about 3 years ago I found a group called “Pretty Reckless” the lead singer is Taylor Mumson, she played Cindy Lou who in the grinch stole Christmas with Jim Carrey.

she is an a some singer

Interesting.   Thanks for the tip

Her name was Brenda, she crawled into a bottle of ole #7  and I refused to follow

Nazareth Whiskey drinkin woman - YouTube

Had to introduce her to this song.  LOL

Noble Rot - Kicked to the Curb - YouTube

Edited by Frodo