Bukra65

18th Century British Cartridge Pouch

Hello All,

I recently finished this reproduction of an 18th century British cartridge pouch, circa 1750s. There are supposedly two originals but noone seems to have an image of them. Period paintings and written accounts are all I had to go on. I ended up trimming the interior flap a bit more.

65842147393__43BD4BB7-3D03-4C21-8293-269329E32E8C.HEIC

1750s British Cartridge Box Full.jpeg

The strap is a heavy suede and is a placeholder until I can get my hands on some real Buff Leather.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Northmount
Converted HEIC picture file to JPG and uploaded

No pictures

I think there are more than just two originals surviving. I can think of three museums which have 18th C military equipment, including cartridge pouches

Edited by fredk

it says I have to buy something to see this please post a photo

Sorry for the technical SNAFU.

1750s British Cartridge Box Full.HEIC

1750s British Cartridge Box Full.jpeg

Edited by Northmount
Converted HEIC picture file to JPG and uploaded

22 hours ago, fredk said:

No pictures

I think there are more than just two originals surviving. I can think of three museums which have 18th C military equipment, including cartridge pouches

I appreciate the input, but to be honest until I see verification of this, such as a provenanced image, this just adds to the unsubstantiated rumors that circulates about these. There are plenty of examples of post 1768 Warrant pouches/blocks and I suspect you may be confusing the two.

By all means, however, if you can provide an image or solid lead I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Cheers

17 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

it says I have to buy something to see this please post a photo

Sorry about that, I have no idea why. I used the link on this page to upload.

19 minutes ago, Bukra65 said:

i dont download sorry. Are you looking for original belly boxes or a pouch of some kind?

Have you contacted the Imperial war museum in London , alternatively there are quite a few British regiments museums around the country (England)

28 minutes ago, Bukra65 said:

I appreciate the input, but to be honest until I see verification of this, such as a provenanced image, this just adds to the unsubstantiated rumors that circulates about these. There are plenty of examples of post 1768 Warrant pouches/blocks and I suspect you may be confusing the two.

I find that statement very rude. 

Still no picture and still not sure if you are looking for or showing

Here's a link to an interesting little article about these boxes. "The Making Of An 18th Century British Army Cartridge Box."

https://bantarleton.tumblr.com/post/155579468590/the-making-of-an-18th-century-british-army

On 12/18/2021 at 4:32 PM, fredk said:

I find that statement very rude. 

Still no picture and still not sure if you are looking for or showing

Sorry for the delay in responding, the holidays and all. I apologize if you took offense, that was not my intent. If you could tell me how to better offer a differing opinion than yours without offending you I'll be more than happy to rephrase it. 

Also, I have tried 3 times to post a photo and have no idea why it is not posting. So, my lack of image was also not meant to offend anyone here either. I will try one more time after this post.

Thank you again to those that took the time to reply, there just isn't much out there on this niche historical leather item.

1 hour ago, Bukra65 said:

Also, I have tried 3 times to post a photo and have no idea why it is not posting. So, my lack of image was also not meant to offend anyone here either. I will try one more time after this post.

The photo that you've tried to post is in .HIEC format, but must be in .jpg format to display on this site.

I really would like to see a picture of this.

Try photo puma, free and very easy.

I guess that after nearly 2 months the OP doesn't want to either show us any pictures nor engage with us uns anymore

On 1/16/2022 at 11:39 AM, Bukra65 said:

@Bukra65 @fredk

HEIC picture files are an Apple product proprietary picture file format.  They did upload, but for members to be able to see the pics, your picture file must be JPG or JPEG (both are the same) format.  You can choose on your device as to what you are saving and posting.  I have converted the file and uploaded it to a couple of your posts above.