JLSleather

Holster Patterns 'n' stuff

Found some patterns in the dark fringes of the computer... but ... wondering if I should make them available...

They aren't "mirror image" or what I call "50/50", so I wonder if folks would appreciate these, or just ruin some leather not realizing they aren't "pancake" or "50/50"?

Flat backs? I'd like to see them. Might be something I'd like to play around with. Heck, I'd like to know how to get all my hand drawn patterns into the computer. Do you just copy them? I dont draw mine up on a program.

Edited by Hags
Spelling and content

If ya can't tell it ain't a pancake....

Anyhow, yeah, I am sure there'd be interest.

YinTx

I'd like to see them for a learning experience.

9 hours ago, Hags said:

Flat backs? I'd like to see them. Might be something I'd like to play around with. Heck, I'd like to know how to get all my hand drawn patterns into the computer. Do you just copy them? I dont draw mine up on a program.

i just scan mine after i make them.

10 hours ago, JLSleather said:

Found some patterns in the dark fringes of the computer... but ... wondering if I should make them available...

They aren't "mirror image" or what I call "50/50", so I wonder if folks would appreciate these, or just ruin some leather not realizing they aren't "pancake" or "50/50"?

I would be interested in seeing them. i make some similar and have had good luck with them. 

2 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

I would be interested in seeing them. i make some similar and have had good luck with them. 

And I really like the looks of the ones that Chuck has made.

3 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

i make some similar and h

yours are very  much like what i'm talking about ;)

and I like to use graph paper (do they still call it that?) for the scale, but a guy could just put something in the scan for scale (to be sure it prints correct size later)

Edited by JLSleather

36 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

yours are very  much like what i'm talking about ;)

and I like to use graph paper (do they still call it that?) for the scale, but a guy could just put something in the scan for scale (to be sure it prints correct size later)

I draw a 1 inch line on mine for reference and add any notes that may be necessary. 

I would be interested in seeing them also. I have been asked to make an IWB holster but have never made one. Or if you know where I could get some patterns for an IWB holster I would appreciate the info.

1 hour ago, daddyeaux said:

I have been asked to make an IWB holster b

for what gun?  

7 hours ago, daddyeaux said:

I would be interested in seeing them also. I have been asked to make an IWB holster but have never made one. Or if you know where I could get some patterns for an IWB holster I would appreciate the info.

Like JLS said . . . need to know the gun it is for.  Most of us on here are willing to share . . .  but need to know where and how.

And I'm with you JLS on the non 50/50 pancake holsters.  I make very few straight 50/50 pancakes . . .  although that may change in the future . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight