Wyowally

111w155 lifting eccentric

I'm still trying to figure out everything I don't know about the feed lifting eccentric on this 1956 model 111W155. It's not a showstopper, it's just bugging me. Machine is sewing pretty well, standard lift of both feet is about 5/16" when sewing.

I took the liberty of copying a pic from another post showing the eccentric. I actually bought a replacement 240744 but not going to use it unless I just have to.  The question for the group is: if the set screws that hold this on the driving shaft are loose, how is the eccentric set on the shaft?  The picture has an arrow pointing to a shallow hole, and I'm thinking that has a purpose in timing and alignment.  My original has one set screw remaining and the actual adjuster screw, but not the screw that locks the slide. Not sure if the screws on the new one are the same pitch. as they are allen head set screws and the originals were slotted. Added pic of my replacement, slightly different.

Inked240744_eccentric.jpg

myeccentric.jpg

Edited by Wyowally
added pic

Maybe answered my questions this morning: One set screw is holding and looks like enough to do the job. The screw that locks the slide is sort of extra insurance, as mine doesn't want to move anyway. The dimple hole in the end may be a timing mark of some kind, but it would only show doing a complete assembly, it is hidden when all together. Placement on the driving shaft can be done by trial and error - too much one way or the other and one of the feet won't raise as much as the other. That should be done while adjusting the linkage travel of the rock shaft, either the pinch screw or the banana slot as all the lifting factors affect each other.