mariuspirvu

Leather corset and hip bag pattern

Not much going around on this thread and I seem to have forgor posting this so I'm doing it now. Here are also the Pattern and tutorial. Also how about a chat? Everyone doing well? What are you working on? 

thumb DSC_0198.jpg

thumb DSC_0201_1.jpg

thumb DSC_0205.jpg

thumb DSC_0206.jpg

thumb DSC_0211.jpg

thumb DSC_0215.jpg

thumb DSC_0216.jpg

thumb DSC_0217.jpg

thumb DSC_0224.jpg

It almost begs for a tie-down strap at the bottom corner.

Otherwise, top-notch, as all of your designs are.

Edited by DrmCa

8 hours ago, DrmCa said:

It almost begs for a tie-down strap at the bottom corner.

Otherwise, top-notch, as all of your designs are.

Thank you so much!

very nice pattern indeed, me i'm watching the wind blow 60 mph while i drink some coffee. Then i'm going to do some work on gifts for Christmas.

11 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

very nice pattern indeed, me i'm watching the wind blow 60 mph while i drink some coffee. Then i'm going to do some work on gifts for Christmas.

Thank you! We need to make some toys too for our friends kids. 

Very nice work and design I like the almost wood grain finish it looks beautiful sometimes leather can have a boring flat look yours does not .

9 minutes ago, Samalan said:

Very nice work and design I like the almost wood grain finish it looks beautiful sometimes leather can have a boring flat look yours does not .

Thank you so much! It's a very simple technique as well. I think we showed it in this video

3 hours ago, mariuspirvu said:

Thank you! We need to make some toys too for our friends kids. 

yes i have a lot to make  but not today, 63 years young today, I'm gong to relax all day have a great supper and enjoy some of my homemade Chokecherry brandy.

That looks great, and I agree about the woodgrain look. Thanks for the video link showing how to do it.

As far as what I've got going, I'm just waiting until after the first of the year for all the craziness to die down so I can drag my stuff back out and get to work.

6 hours ago, jonlrussell said:

That looks great, and I agree about the woodgrain look. Thanks for the video link showing how to do it.

As far as what I've got going, I'm just waiting until after the first of the year for all the craziness to die down so I can drag my stuff back out and get to work.

Right? As much as I love the Holidays it feels like a bit of a distraction when all I want to do is cut and punch :D

8 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

yes i have a lot to make  but not today, 63 years young today, I'm gong to relax all day have a great supper and enjoy some of my homemade Chokecherry brandy.

Happy birthday sir! I'd love to keep doing this as well 26 years from now. How long have you been doing leather work if I may ?

1 hour ago, mariuspirvu said:

Happy birthday sir! I'd love to keep doing this as well 26 years from now. How long have you been doing leather work if I may ?

Thank you and i sincerely hope you can be doing leather for much longer also. 

i've been doing it in some form or another for about 40 years or so. Never really serious about it like you are, but it was a learned necessity in the beginning. we are pretty isolated here as far as being able to buy a lot of things, so i had to make them .lol Now i make some money to help with retirement with it. 

Edited by chuck123wapati

9 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

Thank you and i sincerely hope you can be doing leather for much longer also. 

i've been doing it in some form or another for about 40 years or so. Never really serious about it like you are, but it was a learned necessity in the beginning. we are pretty isolated here as far as being able to buy a lot of things, so i had to make them .lol Now i make some money to help with retirement with it. 

Well it's a very useful skill to have. Makes you stuff you need and can get you some extra cash. Everyone should give it a try at some point

1 hour ago, mariuspirvu said:

Well it's a very useful skill to have. Makes you stuff you need and can get you some extra cash. Everyone should give it a try at some point

it is i.ve found that if you don't have a lot of extra money and want something nice for your self sometimes you have to make it your self. Then the gained skill allows you to be self sufficient as well as being able to make  for others. leather is not the only craft i know how to do lol.