i been showing a lot of potrait work on leather rounds and squares. Those are not

the only things I do.  If me or one of my family want something no problem other than that

I do not do outside work.  So here iis ssomething i made for myself.

2021-12-20 (1).jpg

2021-12-20 (2).jpg

they look great and appear to work pretty darn well also.

Nice lookin pair

Good job . . .  

Were you on the Intrepid??

May God bless,

Dwight

15 hours ago, Dwight said:

Good job . . .  

Were you on the Intrepid??

May God bless,

Dwight

Yes    To the Gulf and back and the  Forastal Shakedown cruse and the med

17 hours ago, Samalan said:

Nice lookin pair

Thank You

18 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

Excellent!

Thank you

19 hours ago, kiwican said:

Nice work !

Thank you

20 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

they look great and appear to work pretty darn well also.

Thanks , They do. Thing is-- Not so well on shorts and t shirts. Makes flip flops look bad.

19 hours ago, kiwican said:

Nice work !

Thank you

1 hour ago, Stewart said:

Thanks , They do. Thing is-- Not so well on shorts and t shirts. Makes flip flops look bad.

Thank you

So . . . can you not make a matching pair of flip flops to go with the suspenders??  :)

May God bless, 

Dwight

2 hours ago, Dwight said:

So . . . can you not make a matching pair of flip flops to go with the suspenders??  :)

May God bless, 

Dwight

Thats too funny. were you on the Intrepid also?

I was in the Navy, but not with VA 34.  I can't make suspenders like yours because I was in a training organization: FASOTRAGRUPAC and that wouldn't fit  ;-)

(FASOTRAGRUPAC = Fleet Aviation Support Group Pacific)

Edited by stelmackr
missed a word

6 hours ago, Stewart said:

Thats too funny. were you on the Intrepid also?

No . . . but I think she was in the gulf the last time I was there.  

I just always thought that name was cool . . . "Intrepid" . . . it means fearless . . . 

Only bird farm I was ever on was the Coral Sea . . . docked in San Diego . . . got my butt chewed out by some pinko BM1 because he didn't like my DD blue chambray shirt sleeves rolled up.  Hadn't been on the thing for 10 minutes . . . needed to see their EM's to get a battery or something . . . forget why I went there.  Couldn't get off fast enough to suit me. 

May God bless,

Dwight

12 hours ago, Stewart said:

Makes flip flops look bad.

Then you have to make a matching pair.

14 hours ago, Stewart said:

Thank you

So then you can make a pair of caligae . . . the Roman sandals worn by the Roman soldiers around the time of Jesus.

They are not hard to make . . .  I have the pattern if you want . . . it is three pieces of leather . . . the bottom sole . . . an inner sole that your feet rest on . . . and a one piece cutting that makes the sides of the sandals.

They actually are pretty comfortable . . . I have a pair I made to go with my Centurion uniform I wear at church when I am impersonating a Centurion or soldier in a play or something.

The picture is not the ones I made . . . but they are very similar.

May God bless,

Dwight

caligae 2 roman sandals.jpg

On 12/22/2021 at 12:23 PM, stelmackr said:

I was in the Navy, but not with VA 34.  I can't make suspenders like yours because I was in a training organization: FASOTRAGRUPAC and that wouldn't fit  ;-)

(FASOTRAGRUPAC = Fleet Aviation Support Group Pacific)

Nope , that would work. Unless you put Airdale on it

On 12/22/2021 at 5:43 PM, Dwight said:

No . . . but I think she was in the gulf the last time I was there.  

I just always thought that name was cool . . . "Intrepid" . . . it means fearless . . . 

Only bird farm I was ever on was the Coral Sea . . . docked in San Diego . . . got my butt chewed out by some pinko BM1 because he didn't like my DD blue chambray shirt sleeves rolled up.  Hadn't been on the thing for 10 minutes . . . needed to see their EM's to get a battery or something . . . forget why I went there.  Couldn't get off fast enough to suit me. 

May God bless,

Dwight

When I first  boarder her at dock, I got seasick. There was a boat race and the winner was the sloop named Intrepid.

On 12/22/2021 at 7:21 PM, DrmCa said:

Then you have to make a matching pair.

Matchingis not my style.

On 12/22/2021 at 9:17 PM, Dwight said:

So then you can make a pair of caligae . . . the Roman sandals worn by the Roman soldiers around the time of Jesus.

They are not hard to make . . .  I have the pattern if you want . . . it is three pieces of leather . . . the bottom sole . . . an inner sole that your feet rest on . . . and a one piece cutting that makes the sides of the sandals.

They actually are pretty comfortable . . . I have a pair I made to go with my Centurion uniform I wear at church when I am impersonating a Centurion or soldier in a play or something.

The picture is not the ones I made . . . but they are very similar.

May God bless,

Dwight

caligae 2 roman sandals.jpg

Thanks for the offer. The price for the Precut leather i us is costly enough. I stoped wearing flips long ago.

Top of feet  and anckles started getting scarred up. i tend to go through briars than walk around. them,

Scares from Fire ant bites do not look good also. Haven't figured out why i can only stop walking  and be standing still in a fire ant bed. Clearing land in them did not help eather.

Was at Jacksonville NAS back in 72. I was with the 82nd Airborne back then. I got to got to go to Jacksonville a couple of times to pick up supplies and we got to eat in your mess hall. Or should I say dining facilities. Dang you navy guys ate good. It was almost a fist fight to see who would get to go on the ration run. LOL. 

2 hours ago, carr52 said:

Was at Jacksonville NAS back in 72. I was with the 82nd Airborne back then. I got to got to go to Jacksonville a couple of times to pick up supplies and we got to eat in your mess hall. Or should I say dining facilities. Dang you navy guys ate good. It was almost a fist fight to see who would get to go on the ration run. LOL. 

We did have the fattest cooks. On shore, you are right, at ship for 25 days, when they cracked an egg before going to powder egg.

You may get sunny side up or fried chicken.

The funny thing, I was born in Tampa florid and station with a squadron at Cecil Field ,Florida.

Not Alaska.

Squad went to Reno, Seabee base for Bombing runs, i wentto fill in with the base sailors and work the midrat shift as a fry cook. I made sure the e2''s and e3'''s ate better the the ranks above that rank except for one officer. he liked to eat. he was aalso good to his Sailors.