Sandman8

ISO Leather Firefighter Radio Bucket (Holster) Pattern

I have a customer who is interested in a custom leather Radio bucket (holster). I can only find one pattern on the internet from Soffield Leather but it is a bit different from the classic style he is looking for. Does anyone have a pattern they can share or know where I can get one? The attached pic is the style he is looking for. Thanks in advance! 

Screenshot_20210831-182920_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Sandman8
Wrong attachment submitted

Looks pretty simple to make your own, all you need is a radio or wooden copy to size it..

It appears to be only three pieces of leather the strap in back  is doubled for a belt loop maybe and is also the bottom of the holster riveted in the front  the sides are one strap wrapped around the radio and sewn to the back strap, a leather strap for the snap set and your good to go.

Edited by chuck123wapati

Gulrok that would be fantastic! 

1 hour ago, Sandman8 said:

Gulrok that would be fantastic! 

What radio model are they using? 

This was modeled after an XTS 2500 but works on an APX8000. I have a slightly different pattern for an extended basket for the extended batteries. 

Gulrok, It's not the extended battery version. It's a Harris XG-75. He says it is a standard (universal) size. 

2 hours ago, Gulrok said:

What radio model are they using? 

This was modeled after an XTS 2500 but works on an APX8000. I have a slightly different pattern for an extended basket for the extended batteries. 

Gulrok, was there supposed to be an attachment with that post?

11 hours ago, Sandman8 said:

Gulrok, was there supposed to be an attachment with that post?

if your interested in learning about everything why not learn to make your own patterns, its part of the process? This one would be easy peasy and you have spent a day looking for  a pattern that would take less than an hour to make.

Take the unit's measurements and improvise its model out of a 2x4.

3 hours ago, DrmCa said:

Take the unit's measurements and improvise its model out of a 2x4.

Good idea! Thanks. 

5 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

if your interested in learning about everything why not learn to make your own patterns, its part of the process? This one would be easy peasy and you have spent a day looking for  a pattern that would take less than an hour to make.

chuck I am fairly new to leatherwork and not great at making templates yet. I have mostly been working from existing templates until I get a better feel for designing.  

12 minutes ago, Sandman8 said:

chuck I am fairly new to leatherwork and not great at making templates yet. I have mostly been working from existing templates until I get a better feel for designing.  

i understand completely. If you cant find one pm me and i'll help you make one of your own.

3 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

i understand completely. If you cant find one pm me and i'll help you make one of your own.

Thank you!

Anyone else have a pattern? 

Yellow No.2 pencil and paper.  Cut and tape pattern together and adjust as necessary.  No computers on the lifeboat.

Bro radio straps were some of the first things I made when I started leather work (I'm a fireman so I got a lot of requests). It's really not hard to make a template. My IG is 156leatherco if you want to see what I came up with. Like what mike02130 said - Paper and pencil. Give it a try - you might surprise yourself!