Kevin King

cording foot for a juki 1541?

anyone know where i can find a cording foot for a juki 1541?

Hi Kevin,

Your DNU-1541 uses the same feet as a Singer 111, Artisan 618, Consew 206, Yada, Yada. Did you want to make cord, install zippers or what? For zippers you can use just a left or right foot. For making or installing welts, you will need a welting foot set, they come in a bunch of sizes up to 1/2 inch or so. They work for making cording and installing in upholstery. The feet are usually available from most trim shop suppliers for the 111, Pfaff feet are a little harder to find. This guy has an eBay store and is pretty reputable:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/CuTexSewing-Store

anyone know where i can find a cording foot for a juki 1541?

Hi Kevin,

Your DNU-1541 uses the same feet as a Singer 111, Artisan 618, Consew 206, Yada, Yada. Did you want to make cord, install zippers or what? For zippers you can use just a left or right foot. For making or installing welts, you will need a welting foot set, they come in a bunch of sizes up to 1/2 inch or so. They work for making cording and installing in upholstery. The feet are usually available from most trim shop suppliers for the 111, Pfaff feet are a little harder to find. This guy has an eBay store and is pretty reputable:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/CuTexSewing-Store

Thanks for the info, I am smarter now than I was a couple of minutes ago! You know what they say: If your not learning something everyday, your dead.

Anyway, I was wondering if you could help me out with what size to get. Do I buy a 1/8 inch if i have 1/8 cording or do I buy larger to account for thickness of leather?

Hi Kevin,

Buy it by finished size, like you would buy it on the roll.

Art

Thanks for the info, I am smarter now than I was a couple of minutes ago! You know what they say: If your not learning something everyday, your dead.

Anyway, I was wondering if you could help me out with what size to get. Do I buy a 1/8 inch if i have 1/8 cording or do I buy larger to account for thickness of leather?

Hi Kevin,

Buy it by finished size, like you would buy it on the roll.

Art

Okay, I'm sorry if I sound dumb, but let me clarify. If I have cording core that is 1/8" and am wrapping it with leather that is 1/16' thick, what size welting foot do i need?

Hi Kevin,

1/4 inch foot will work fine, if you can't get that a 3/16 or 5/16 will work too. If you're going to be doing corners, see if you can get a cut back foot (it is relieved on the back corner of the foot so you can make a sharp corner with it), if not it may be grinding time. The first, most useful, and most dangerous power tool in the shop is the grinder.

See how the back is relieved:

cut_back_foot.jpg

Art

Okay, I'm sorry if I sound dumb, but let me clarify. If I have cording core that is 1/8" and am wrapping it with leather that is 1/16' thick, what size welting foot do i need?

post-18-1192135904_thumb.jpg

Art,

Thank you very much for all your help. I've got three new presser foot sets on the way!

Kevin

Edited by Kevin King

I know that this a old thread but I would have titled it exactly the same.

What I'm looking for, and could not find so far, is a cording foot to actually sew a cord on top of the fabric. I need the needle to be positioned at the center of the cord and not offset the the side like on the cording/welting foots I find everywhere.

Thanks

Martin

http://www.kwokhing.com/ Have all the feet`s you need to dealer prices. Send them an email and ask for Mr. Bosco Ko, you pay with paypal. Fast shipping and nice people, best of all unbeatable prices.

http://www.kwokhing.com/ Have all the feet`s you need to dealer prices. Send them an email and ask for Mr. Bosco Ko, you pay with paypal. Fast shipping and nice people, best of all unbeatable prices.

I checked out their webpage. Very interesting stuff! Lighs, Binders, walking foots. A lot of Item I have never seen somewhere else before. Thanks Trox.

Cheers

Martin

I checked out their webpage. Very interesting stuff! Lighs, Binders, walking foots. A lot of Item I have never seen somewhere else before. Thanks Trox.

Cheers

Martin

Yes it is great stuff, and prices are too.

I bought very high tech feet's and drop down roller guides for all my machines there. For my Pfaff, Dürkopp Adler and Juki 441 clone.

Those drop down (suspending guides) are very handy, you would wonder how you did without them. They normally sell for 80 to 125 $ on EBay (and other places) if the number starts with KG it is their guides (and KF for feet's).

They take 20 to 25 $ for the suspending guides and 9 to 15 $ for walking feet's.

Their welting feet's are very fine, both outer and inner foot has grooves for the cord. They normally deal with big companies and dealers, however they are happy to serve us end users too.

Send Bosco Ko an email with the foot number and size of the cord, or ask what they have for your machine (they add new stuff all the time and it may not yet be on their site).

They are not used to old machines and do not always know what feet's they uses, however thats not a problem with your machine class. Say hello from me and tell them you found them on LW net, it will benefit us all. If you have special requests, they can make it for you in their production shop.

Good luck

Tor

Those drop down (suspending guides) are very handy, you would wonder how you did without them. They normally sell for 80 to 125 $ on EBay (and other places) if the number starts with KG it is their guides (and KF for feet's).

Good luck

Tor

Hey Tor, do you have a picture of you machine with that suspension guide mounted by any chance?

Cheers

Martin

Hey Tor, do you have a picture of you machine with that suspension guide mounted by any chance?

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,

yes I do. I posted about two of my guide installations here on this forum, you find the posts underneath. The guide on the Pfaff is in fact the DA (Dürkopp Adler) guide, the same type Juki and DA uses on their machine. (Juki color is black) The type that I installed on my DA machine (square frame) is the best type of guide.

Tor

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=37299&st=30&hl=+dropdown%20+roller%20+guide#entry252221

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=40567&hl=%2Bdropdown+%2Broller+%2Bguide

very nice! and I admire your braveness drilling into your sewing machine for the mounting holes. Nice Job!

Cheers

Martin

very nice! and I admire your braveness drilling into your sewing machine for the mounting holes. Nice Job!

Cheers

Martin

Thanks, I make sure I do not hit anything first, and you can use a stop or a tape on your drill bit to make sure you do not drill to deep. It is "soft" metal and easy to drill in (with the right drill bit). I am about to do the same job on my 441 too. As long as you know what you are doing it is no big deal. If you have not threaded a screw hole before, practice on some scrap metal and do it in the same angle as you have to on the machine. Try to make it as straight as possible (in a 90 degree angle) It is not difficult.

Cheers

Tor