LOM

HELP! Skiver presser foot lifter keeps springing up!

Help!! The presser foot lifter on my skiver will not stay down. It feels like the spring is shooting it back up whenever I try to skive. I have taken apart my consew dcs-s4 skiver 3 times to try to figure this out but cannot. The instruction manual is really only a parts catalog and doesn’t offer help. The spring inside looks fine. The rare occasion I get the handle to stay in the down position, it will skive for a moment the the handle shoots up and releases the presser foot so it doesn’t skive anything off. I bought it from a sewing shop that recently started carrying skivers for the pandemic demands so they aren’t very familiar with skivers and cannot offer much help. 

Edited by LOM
Spelling

I can only think there's too much pressure.  Have you got the tension on the feed roller too tight? Have you tried slackening off the top knob and then, with the lever down turn the top knob until it starts skiving?

if it is new, I would say if it is still in guarantee then have them fix it??

On 1/2/2022 at 7:07 PM, toxo said:

I can only think there's too much pressure.  Have you got the tension on the feed roller too tight? Have you tried slackening off the top knob and then, with the lever down turn the top knob until it starts skiving?

@toxo it still skiver if I hold the lever down with my hand. So I don’t think it’s the tension, unfortunately. @jimi I’m going to try them tomorrow but I believer it’s about 5 months out of warranty (of course!) 

1 hour ago, LOM said:

@toxo it still skiver if I hold the lever down with my hand. So I don’t think it’s the tension, unfortunately. @jimi I’m going to try them tomorrow but I believer it’s about 5 months out of warranty (of course!) 

That´s a pity, this seller in the link has a few parts for that type of machine by the looks of it so if you find out what parts is failing or worn etc you could probably find one here. It could be the lever is worn and with a file it could work again but i am just guessing??

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/33007431081.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.0.0.1da03bbdYPb8uN&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller&scm=1007.13339.169870.0&scm_id=1007.13339.169870.0&scm-url=1007.13339.169870.0&pvid=fa0a5ab2-8c8d-4373-ae60-c4956eb54720&_t=gps-id:pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller,scm-url:1007.13339.169870.0,pvid:fa0a5ab2-8c8d-4373-ae60-c4956eb54720,tpp_buckets:668%232846%238115%232000&pdp_ext_f={"sceneId":"3339","sku_id":"67002099300"}

On 1/5/2022 at 3:59 AM, jimi said:

Thanks so much for the reference,  @jimi! :)