Sign in to follow this  
DustinSmith

An even older art form

Made a leg strap for my indirect percussion tool for knapping, somehow leatherwork finds its way into all my hobbies 

20220103_093015.jpg

20220103_092945.jpg

20220103_093003.jpg

47 minutes ago, DustinSmith said:

Made a leg strap for my indirect percussion tool for knapping, somehow leatherwork finds its way into all my hobbies 

20220103_093015.jpg

20220103_092945.jpg

20220103_093003.jpg

Nice tool holder.

Those are incredible works of art, I tried knapping a bit never anywhere near that quality so i know how much practice went into those. Have you ever tried them out on game?

Those corner tangs are just badass!

Edited by chuck123wapati

Actually I have! I hunt with a one piece bear recurve during archery season, I've taken 2 deer with knapped broadheads, they are effective but the shot has to be well placed, they don't cut as well as a steel broadhead but they will cause some damage

2 hours ago, DustinSmith said:

Actually I have! I hunt with a one piece bear recurve during archery season, I've taken 2 deer with knapped broadheads, they are effective but the shot has to be well placed, they don't cut as well as a steel broadhead but they will cause some damage

very cool i used to Knapp them out of old purple glass for practice. There isn't a lot of natural rock suitable for points around here and i really never got the hang of knocking off a good blank.  Always wanted to try one out but never did get good enough to get them as sharp s they should be. I shoot a browning wasp. pse long bow, hickory self bow and a couple compounds.