BoxerMel

New Bag for Me

Meet my new friend, Franklin.  

AEB9DF22-F39F-4B42-BCBF-3F7BBFECF91A.jpeg

7A993CE4-7C2F-4D7A-806D-4DAADB3206A2.jpeg

Cute! Why are you using a key ring on one end of the strap?

17 minutes ago, DrmCa said:

Cute! Why are you using a key ring on one end of the strap?

Well, now, that is a very good question.  I think I should adjust that before he gets away from me.  Thanks for that eagle eye of yours! :thankyou:

Beautiful work. Is it made from a pattern or your own design? I allways make all my own designs but i would love to make me a lap top bag like this for my last boxer Cujo and my new girl bull/boxer Lucie. 

3 hours ago, HandyDave said:

Beautiful work. Is it made from a pattern or your own design? I allways make all my own designs but i would love to make me a lap top bag like this for my last boxer Cujo and my new girl bull/boxer Lucie. 

Thank you!  It’s made from a pattern. The basic bag pattern is from dieselpunkro and then I retrofitted it with a pattern I came up with.  I would be happy to share the boxer part of the pattern with you but you would need to purchase the bag pattern.  I can share that link with you if you are interested.

Nicely done! Love the concho too.

dogonit thats cool! 

RUFF!!!!!!!

I can recognize that pattern anywhere.  GOOD JOB.   It looks GOOD!!!!!

20201008_210734.jpg.4d021911b6360e2d0dccdf932f441ae1.jpg

2 hours ago, Frodo said:

RUFF!!!!!!!

I can recognize that pattern anywhere.  GOOD JOB.   It looks GOOD!!!!!

20201008_210734.jpg.4d021911b6360e2d0dccdf932f441ae1.jpg

Who, Who, Who said that?

437E8CBB-3284-4BA3-802F-6FC59FEA77AA.jpeg

12 hours ago, Hags said:

Thank you!

2 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

dogonit thats cool! 

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Hags said:

Thank you!

It looks durable and antique product. I really like it. Can you please share its material specs?

14 hours ago, BoxerMel said:

Thank you!  It’s made from a pattern. The basic bag pattern is from dieselpunkro and then I retrofitted it with a pattern I came up with.  I would be happy to share the boxer part of the pattern with you but you would need to purchase the bag pattern.  I can share that link with you if you are interested.

I know where to find the bag pattern. And would be most grateful if you would share your patterns of the dog parts that you did. My girl Lucie will be jealous if i dont make one in her and Cujo's honour. Cujo was my first boxer i rescued from side of road. After nobody claimed him he turned into one of best dogs ive ever had. His hips and everything gave out beyond repair when he was around 14. And my girl Lucie is pit boxer mix and will be 4 next week. Older lady was giving them away and she looked so much like cujo did i had to have her. I dont think ill ever have anything but a boxer or boxer mix for rest of my life after having these 2. Sorry for the rambling. I just love my dogs.

20211122_201847.jpg

8 hours ago, HandyDave said:

I know where to find the bag pattern. And would be most grateful if you would share your patterns of the dog parts that you did. My girl Lucie will be jealous if i dont make one in her and Cujo's honour. Cujo was my first boxer i rescued from side of road. After nobody claimed him he turned into one of best dogs ive ever had. His hips and everything gave out beyond repair when he was around 14. And my girl Lucie is pit boxer mix and will be 4 next week. Older lady was giving them away and she looked so much like cujo did i had to have her. I dont think ill ever have anything but a boxer or boxer mix for rest of my life after having these 2. Sorry for the rambling. I just love my dogs.

20211122_201847.jpg

The pattern I made for the boxer bag is attached.  I hope you enjoy making it. And I hope you share pictures of the finished product!!

BoxerMel_BoxerHead4Bag.pdf

8 hours ago, williambowie said:

It looks durable and antique product. I really like it. Can you please share its material specs?

Thank you!  I think it is going to hold up well.  As long as I keep the straps attached where they should be!!  

The bag and strap are made from 5-6 oz Horween Essex Light Brown and Havanna Brown.  The face is 3-4 oz Sepici veg tan scraps.  The eyes were tooled from 7-8 oz veg tan.  I want to try another set of eyes.  They are the challenging things about the bag.

13 minutes ago, BoxerMel said:

I hope you enjoy making it. And I hope you share pictures of the finished product!!

Thank you so much for your boxer patterns. Once i get on it i will most deffently post finished product.