Sign in to follow this  
Garyak

Durkopp Adler 969

I’ve been looking at the Durkopp Adler 969. From what I’ve found online it looks to be a very capable machine. I’m positive it’s built with the same quality that is Adler, my question is, or my fear is, all the ‘Lectric functions that I’ve spent a lifetime doing manually. Push button tension? Push button everything. Is it worth almost 10 grand in the long run? Anybody had one since they came around in 2013? Opinions? Thanks. 

34E15493-4BDB-4C38-A2DC-E6871FA05763.jpeg

I´m pretty sure this is an excellent machine - but IMO less is more on the long view. Of course if you have a large volume output all the bells and whistles makes the sewing live a lot easier but if not you have to ask your self when will it start earning money. And keep in mind this is not a "simple" patcher which you can service by your self (and some even struggle with this). I only can guess but I´m almost certain machines like this require to turn them in for service. So it´s not that you pay just the machine service and parts are cost factors too. You often see folks here and elsewhere who buy (even cheaper) machines and sell them soon again. Reasons may vary but I´m sure some just bought too much machine for what they really need.

my 2 cents

5 hours ago, Garyak said:

Is it worth almost 10 grand in the long run?

I would say based on their history of making good machines it would be an excellent machine if you are doing production work and can justify the cost. I follow the "KISS" principal and all the extra computer controlled electronic features are going to be great but repairs down the road that probably will be another story. Since these are pretty complicated machines finding someone to do the repairs and finding the computer controlled electronic parts are not going to be cheap or easy. If I needed a machine with that type of sewing / thread capabilities I would look at a more basic mechanical machine (no electronics) something like the Juki TSC-441U at about 70 percent of the cost of the Alder.

kgg

Thanks fellas, and I totally agree with everything said. I’d love to spend a year or so playing with one, maybe someday, but not this day! 

I used to be running computerised embroidery machines and found ten years down the line nobody can repair them, and nobody wants to buy them. these types of computerised machines are for mass production where every second counts over a work shift. they have trained maintainer machines on the factory floor to make sure everything runs smoothly at maximum speed

Same reason that luxury cars come out poor in car reviews, not that they break down, that never happens, but the electrics to some part fail be it electric seats, radio , wine cooler etc and they have paid high money for perfection and not car in garage for some niggling fault

Edited by chrisash

Look at the 969 Adler Pure that Weaver sells.  969 stripped down to basic functions.  Wholesale complete, $5895.00.    Like 205 but its big brother!!!  I have sewed on the Eco 969 and it is a beast!

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher